Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale: Model 3 Reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a Tesla Model S owner and I a recently received notification that I am eligible to purchase and configure a model 3 which will be ready for delivery in 4-6 weeks.

If you are interested in purchasing my 'spot' and configuring the model 3 to your specifications, please let me know. Contract and payment in full is required in order to fulfill the agreement.

-Brett

Let the haters hate. We live in a society where if you have the financial means to give yourself an advantage over someone else, you do it. I understand it upsets everyone, but there's literally no difference if he used the reservation himself vs. gave it to someone else. Sure, it enables "jumping" because if he simply got a refund, then that'd be one less person in front of you, but it is what it is.

FYI - I paid $1,000 to use a complete stranger's configurable reservation and picked up my Model 3 today. Feel free to tell me I'm a terrible person, yell at me, tell me I'm as bad as someone who uses a handicapped parking pass while not being handicapped (yes, someone on M3OC told me this when I was looking for someone to sell me a reservation.)

I have no regrets.

Let the haters hate. We live in a society where if you have the financial means to give yourself an advantage over someone else, you do it. I understand it upsets everyone, but there's literally no difference if he used the reservation himself vs. gave it to someone else. Sure, it enables "jumping" because if he simply got a refund, then that'd be one less person in front of you, but it is what it is.

FYI - I paid $1,000 to use a complete stranger's configurable reservation and picked up my Model 3 today. Feel free to tell me I'm a terrible person, yell at me, tell me I'm as bad as someone who uses a handicapped parking pass while not being handicapped (yes, someone on M3OC told me this when I was looking for someone to sell me a reservation.)

I have no regrets.

It has nothing to do with having financial means or not. The issue is that Tesla clearly stated what the rules were, and people are breaking them. If you go buy an S/X and then get invited to configure a 3 the next day, good for you! But if someone transfers a reservation to anyone other than a family member, that violates Tesla's policy.

I have no regrets.

Using a handicap parking pass is not an equivalency. That is obviously illegal, if you are not the owner of the pass. It is merely an ethical choice. There is a "literal" difference between you and the original owner of the spot using the reservation, but it is not illegal and you have stated you have no regrets. Frankly, I have no issues with people trading their reservations, as long as someone was willing to stand in line.

I don't agree with your societal statement. If life was one big game of Monopoly, then maybe you are right. Life is full of ethical choices that we have to live with, and we learn (or don't learn) from them.

Reactions: chazzico
It has nothing to do with having financial means or not. The issue is that Tesla clearly stated what the rules were, and people are breaking them. If you go buy an S/X and then get invited to configure a 3 the next day, good for you! But if someone transfers a reservation to anyone other than a family member, that violates Tesla's policy.

Tesla isn’t enforcing the rules. Speed limit is posted too but ppl break that rule all the time

I wish tesla would force the reservation holders name be on the title. Then it will make it harder to sell these spots.

Tesla said you can't transfer a reservation. He didn't transfer a reservation to my account. I ordered a car through his account. There was no transfer of reservation to my account. My account still does not have a configurable reservation.

I read the rules literally.

He was never on the title and wasn't at delivery.

You are really grasping at straws with that interpretation.

I have no regrets.

I appreciate your reply. I find your response intelligent and agree with your sentiment.

Reactions: Nurkbonis
Wow, $4000 seems excessive since anyone currently owning a Tesla can make a reservation today and configure it in a mater of weeks. There is virtually no wait anymore for Tesla owners! I actually just canceled one of mine and waited for a refund.

Not for an S, for a 3.
Model 3 cars now have virtually zero wait time for current Tesla owners. I just reserved a third model 3 a short time ago and it was ready to configure just two weeks after the reservation was made. Model S and X now have either similar or longer wait times for custom builds than the model 3. If you found someone desperate enough or just uninformed enough to pay $4000 for you reservation you are very lucky indeed. Many reservation holders are now waiting for lower trim or AWD models, hence delivery’s are now going to non Tesla owners. The prices of used model 3’s in speculators hands will begin dropping as they should as they are now just used cars.

Reactions: DanKC and DrMike