Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale: Tesla Gen 2 Wall Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought a silver gen 2 three days before the gen 3 was released. Reordered a gen 3 so now I have no use for the gen 2. Some have made valid arguments for why the gen 2 is better then gen 3 so if you’re one of those people, here’s a perfect opportunity to get a brand new gen 2 before they’re all gone. All offers above $550 will be considered. Buyer pays shipping. Pick up available in Los Angeles area.
image.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: cellphonechris
Bought a silver gen 2 three days before the gen 3 was released. Reordered a gen 3 so now I have no use for the gen 2. Some have made valid arguments for why the gen 2 is better then gen 3 so if you’re one of those people, here’s a perfect opportunity to get a brand new gen 2 before they’re all gone. All offers above $550 will be considered. Buyer pays shipping. Pick up available in Los Angeles area. View attachment 502728
Do you still have this charger?

My summary would be -

gen2 - longer, heavier cable. Higher power capability for the few cars that can use it. Load sharing that works.

gen3 - shorter, lighter cable. Power that matches current fleet. Potential future features (wifi load sharing, billing) that may or may not ever happen. Early batches had a relay overheat problem.
Wow, that didn't take long. Your example is why I'm looking for a Gen 2, for load sharing. Never thought I'd ever need another charger.