Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those in Canada with the SR- limited to 151 kms

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that we are into May 2021...

What has your experience been though the winter ?

Return trip to work is 2.5 kms for me, if getting groceries 5 kms round trip....

I only have access to 115v regular outlet at my apartment. About 15 minute drive to Tesla supercharger in Sudbury.

Could this work for me including winter months?

Dan

Now that we are into May 2021...

What has your experience been though the winter ?

Return trip to work is 2.5 kms for me, if getting groceries 5 kms round trip....

I only have access to 115v regular outlet at my apartment. About 15 minute drive to Tesla supercharger in Sudbury.

Could this work for me including winter months?

Dan
I would advise everyone stay away from the SR-. You’re paying so much for so little. Why not just get a Bolt or something similar for such a short usage pattern? The 151kms is still impacted by degradation and cold weather range limits so if you ever find that you’ll need to drive even 100kms, you might be SOL under some conditions. You also CANNOT unlock the range later on.
I don’t think anyone owns it
There are at least a couple hundred of them out there.

I would advise everyone stay away from the SR-. You’re paying so much for so little. Why not just get a Bolt or something similar for such a short usage pattern? The 151kms is still impacted by degradation and cold weather range limits so if you ever find that you’ll need to drive even 100kms, you might be SOL under some conditions. You also CANNOT unlock the range later on.

There are at least a couple hundred of them out there.
So you are saying the Tesla Model 3 SR- is worse than the 2021 Mini Cooper SE and 2022 Mazda MX30 which are also low range EV's ?

My experience i -30C weather, Model 3 LR/AWD - you will get about 1km for every 3km or 4km range consumed - depending on how much you use the cabin heat, how fast you drive. (Range is measured in km, but cabin heat is by the minute -so a short stop-and-go drive will use a lot of power to heat the cabin, compared to a quick commute. So a 155km range, you would be lucky to get 40km from a full charge. Charge to 90%, avoid going below 10%, and 30k round trip is probably the winter limit. YMMV.

Did anyone actually buy one? I thought it was a gimick, was listed simply so they could have a $44,999 vehicle listed to qualify for the EV rebate for any vehicle the delivery price was below $55,000. they intentionally made it bad enough ("we will never increase the range") that nobody would want to order it.