Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those waiting for their Dual Motor Performance badge...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
why is it so important for you that the person behind you knows that you have "P" version? Anyone who is interested in Teslas will know from the red underline anyway.

My view is that P should become more the Tesla version of the M branding from BMW. The idea is to build brand equity in your Performance line as a company and pit P vs M particularly in the case of the battle of the 3s (BMW vs Telsa). It is not about my view of what I want people to know about my car particularly. This more represents my view as a marketing person, not as an owner who wants certain badging. TBH with the way Tesla markets I would go directly at BMW and Mercedes clearly stating if you want Performance, there is only one company offering that ;).

My view is that P should become more the Tesla version of the M branding from BMW. The idea is to build brand equity in your Performance line as a company and pit P vs M particularly in the case of the battle of the 3s (BMW vs Telsa). It is not about my view of what I want people to know about my car particularly. This more represents my view as a marketing person, not as an owner who wants certain badging. TBH with the way Tesla markets I would go directly at BMW and Mercedes clearly stating if you want Performance, there is only one company offering that ;).

Eh if it is about the brand equity i think Tesla is trying to go more the Apple way where everything is just "Tesla" with very little else apart from a badge at the front and rear. Tbh I was surprised when they even announced there were Dual Motor badges. I would have totally bet that from next facelift Model S wouldn't get a range/performance badge at all.

Eh if it is about the brand equity i think Tesla is trying to go more the Apple way where everything is just "Tesla" with very little else apart from a badge at the front and rear. Tbh I was surprised when they even announced there were Dual Motor badges. I would have totally bet that from next facelift Model S wouldn't get a range/performance badge at all.

I definitely agree with your point regarding "battery branding" that Tesla has had for a while. I would drop that entirely TBH, no brand value in a battery size. It is also common for many companies to focus on core branding, like you mention Tesla being the brand focus, but within the car industry and with the boasts Elon makes about the performance of the 3P as well as the Roadster I would introduce a Performance sub-brand if it were my choice and also the Roadster would not have anything but a P version.

That site needs a copy editor.

copyeditneeded.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: forkee and SoCalGuy