Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those who have current Model X reservations (Jan 27 or before)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an interesting text from Costa Mesa delivery center asking if I would be ok with delivery before April and if not what timeline would I want. Not sure if they were implying they have a few old model X still needing to be moved because as soon as I said I’ll take earliest refresh model x off the line they said that would be April. If anyone trying to find a pre refresh model x maybe try hitting up the delivery centers. They may have some still.

Definitely some out there. I found 7 in Honolulu, now that would be tough to drive back to mainland. One in Miami, one in Dallas. If you poke around you will find them. Nothing with the config I want. Most are the Performance models.

Got the call earlier this evening. Much of the same, get the ‘upgraded’ model x and enjoy a 2k discount (decision must be made by Jan 28). Option b, go for existing inventory but limited availability and like other member describes, most are performance models and will incur shipping costs. Option c, cancel all together. If I was leasing I might opt for non-refresh but purchasing so I think I have no choice but to “pay up”.

What does priority delivery means?
I ordered a model x at 20 dec’20.
Delivery march.
27 Jan: new model x released.
In meantime sold my current car because march wasn’t that far away anymore.
Tesla service centre called a few day’s ago to ask if I would like to update my order for the refreshed model because there are no excisting models available anymore.
Is said “Yes, a new model, off course!”, but does is it affect my deliverydate?
TSC: Probably september but you’ve got priority delivery. Is there any chance of an earlier delivery in Europe for the ones who allready made an order before january?

I had the same message about September and being in the "priority delivery". It might be late August, according to my advisor. However, given that delivery is likely linked to the arrival of a boatload of cars, I would not give much chance to actually receive it much earlier.

This is in Europe (Spain).

Reactions: TMXATX and Kwint.C
I was told yesterday that if I cancel my order, I won't get my $100 back. So I am just going to wait and see what happens with it. Pretty sure I am getting the 7-seat model Y now, I took the family to check one out yesterday and it seemed very, very workable for us.

I was told yesterday that if I cancel my order, I won't get my $100 back. So I am just going to wait and see what happens with it. Pretty sure I am getting the 7-seat model Y now, I took the family to check one out yesterday and it seemed very, very workable for us.

We considered this and after watching some youtube videos decided it would be too small. How big is your family? Thats great that you thought it would be workable in real life!

I had a confirmed reservation as well (Jan 26th order ;) ) and got the call today with the pitch of a $2k off. So basically they will not honor the old purchase agreement, and the price will rise as well as the delivery times slip big time. I am based in Spain, and my previous order was showing March/April, and now they are telling me September. That is quite frustrating...

I wonder if I should react at all and try to insist on the old order agreement.

I reserved in November with FSD with March 21 delivery. I escaped the December increase but now also looking at a large increase for the refresh model and they quote 2022. Not at all sure about the legal position in the UK so now checking if the price can be increased after a contract has been agreed with a deposit.

Has anyone gotten their VIN # yet on the refreshed model x?
I ordered on January 28th, but I suspect there's a backlog of the non-delivered Xs from when they stopped producing. Of course, we don't know which of those will accept the new version (and price).

Mine shows April estimated delivery. I am very close to the Fremont factory, so I'm a little hopeful we get pulled up to March to meet quarterly deliveries. We'll see.

But no VIN yet.

Arguments can go both ways. Some buyers also know that price is going up, and banking on placing orders to lock in pricing, and get a discount. I see tons of post asking for free this and free that. Aren't we being a little greedy here? Every time there's a change, everybody wants some freebie. Free market right? You think a product is worth x. You are willing to pay for x. But for some reason, the seller should give you x for < x. Timing on these things always suck. Where do you draw the line? all 1 month old orders get freebies, what happen to the 2 month old orders? do they get some freebie? and if you give the 2 month old customers, the 3-month ones want to file a class-action lawsuit as well. Frankly if everybody follows this thinking. I would expect much more class action lawsuits for Apple, Dell, Lenovo, all the big tech companies that have annual product line updates.

I would love a huge discount too. BUT, I know I pay $xxx for a car that I know is worth $xx to me. I'm OK with the decision and bought. If suddenly the extra $10k takes away the value of said product. I will show them that it's not good business practice and vote with my wallet and walk away from the sale, and go buy something else that I think is worth my money. Tesla offer you the option of walking away if you don't like their discount. a $2k discount is more than the new customer who just place their order today. Then the new buyer will be complaining they're not getting a $2k discount.

-ThinkMac-

Arguments can go both ways. Some buyers also know that price is going up, and banking on placing orders to lock in pricing, and get a discount. I see tons of post asking for free this and free that. Aren't we being a little greedy here? Every time there's a change, everybody wants some freebie. Free market right? You think a product is worth x. You are willing to pay for x. But for some reason, the seller should give you x for < x. Timing on these things always suck. Where do you draw the line? all 1 month old orders get freebies, what happen to the 2 month old orders? do they get some freebie? and if you give the 2 month old customers, the 3-month ones want to file a class-action lawsuit as well. Frankly if everybody follows this thinking. I would expect much more class action lawsuits for Apple, Dell, Lenovo, all the big tech companies that have annual product line updates.

I would love a huge discount too. BUT, I know I pay $xxx for a car that I know is worth $xx to me. I'm OK with the decision and bought. If suddenly the extra $10k takes away the value of said product. I will show them that it's not good business practice and vote with my wallet and walk away from the sale, and go buy something else that I think is worth my money. Tesla offer you the option of walking away if you don't like their discount. a $2k discount is more than the new customer who just place their order today. Then the new buyer will be complaining they're not getting a $2k discount.

-ThinkMac-
It's simple - I draw the line at leveraging technology to not accept orders they have no intention to fill. Though I wouldn't say that tying up $100 is a big burden to me, I did complete the finance approval process and that triggered a credit report pull, which will impact our scores for a little while after. Will that dip cause us to end up with less favorable terms if (when) we accept the $10k price increase (minus the supposed $2k discount)? If so, that's not appropriate.

Reactions: golferguy

After the February 28th date came and went, my model X reservation was still on the Tesla page. My rep called me and told me I could switch to a model Y, and if i did by this Friday, I could get it this March. I told him I would think about it.

Just a few minutes ago I decided to cancel my order, so I went to the page and hit cancelled, and was surprised to see that my $100 deposit is being refunded.