Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ford EVs by 2012

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pricing: $50,000-70,000 (OUCH)!!!

Yeah but if you add the various rebates and figure that delivery, repair and service companies buying fleets of these will save fuel and repair costs up the wazoo it might work out. Plus they get the green cred as well.

Did you know that UPS only makes right turns? :smile:

But wait!

There is this!

Our entire delivery network has been re-engineered for more environmental benefit. You may have heard it described in the press as the UPS Right Turn Policy .

I can see a few of your smiling out there, and I know what you may be thinking… but it really works.

We carefully map-out routes for all our drivers to reduce the number of left-hand turns they make.

Now get this: In 2007 alone, this helped us:

shave nearly 30 million miles off already streamlined delivery routes.
save 3 million gallons of gas, and
reduce CO2 emissions by 32,000 metric tons—the equivalent of removing 5,300 passenger cars from the road for an entire year.
And we continue to find new technologies to help make UPS a deeper shade of green.

This is talking about the Transit Connect right? Pretty expensive but it seems on par with what we know exist in terms of converted EVs (the Transit EV seems like a converted EV like what AC Propulsion does with the eBox and MINI E). Hopefully by the time the Focus EV comes out it'll be down in the $30-40k range (though realistically it'll probably be in the $40-50k range).

So far, I recall that Tesla has suggested that they welcome more competition like this. It seems to help to validate the whole EV marketplace. Even with all the planned EVs combined it is still only likely to end up being a rather small percentage of the overall vehicle production.

Quick Spin: Ford Transit Connect Electric a good sign of things to come — Autoblog Green

transit-connect-quick-spin-630c.jpg