Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ford’s electric F-150 Lightning just got much cheaper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ford is slashing the cost of the base model, the Pro, by some $10,000, down to just under $50,000 but still above the initial $40,000 price tag.

These models are also eligible for a tax credit of up to $7,500 under the 2022 Inflation Reduction Act, according to Ford. Customers can expect these cheaper cars to become available as early as October.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Think Tesla will be able to match over time
CT 1x motor 270 mile range $49K
Elon hates ranges near or below 250 miles
Think trim level will be later as this beginning production is just to ramp up CT at mid level and up with 2x motors and 500 miles and 3x motors and 600 miles

• Ford has cut the price of its base electric pickup truck by about $10,000
  • The company cited increased capacity and lower material costs as the reason
  • New electric vehicle inventory has swelled recently, despite strong sales
Interesting play with a current negative 40% margin before disconnecting. Must have found a massive amount of efficiency somewhere or this is a fear move.

The CT will bury all these other trucks. A coworker is in line for one. He was one of the early reservations, so hopefully he'll get it sooner than later. I told him to get ready for an insane amount of attention.

Although, it’s more than likely the dealer will eat that markdown via ADM. Like they have been constantly marking up the lightning prior to this adjustment. Wishful thinking on my part that dealers will play nice with consumers.
ADMs are gone. You can walk into a dealer here and buy a Lightning for MSRP. Ford Osbourne'd the Lightning by saying that the 2025 model (Fall 2024) will be all new. I cancelled my reservation and will wait for the 2025.
The CT will bury all these other trucks. A coworker is in line for one. He was one of the early reservations, so hopefully he'll get it sooner than later. I told him to get ready for an insane amount of attention.
The market is large enough for both. The CT is a lifestyle truck with no aftermarket support for accessories. Because it matches the ICE version, the Lightning has a huge number of options for things like camper shells, toolboxes, racks for long pipes/boards, etc.

Reactions: Genie and E90alex
ADMs are gone. You can walk into a dealer here and buy a Lightning for MSRP. Ford Osbourne'd the Lightning by saying that the 2025 model (Fall 2024) will be all new. I cancelled my reservation and will wait for the 2025.

The market is large enough for both. The CT is a lifestyle truck with no aftermarket support for accessories. Because it matches the ICE version, the Lightning has a huge number of options for things like camper shells, toolboxes, racks for long pipes/boards, etc.
Agree
I see more lifestyle vehicle people, coming from wranglers, broncos, etc choosing the CT
Vs work truck vehicle people
Think a majority of F150 people will either stay Ford, check out the Silverado, REV and maybe R1T
Room for both

Reactions: strider
Which dealer would that be in Oklahoma? Care to share? Here in the US, as long as dealerships exist. Those ADM's will always be present. As a matter of fact, Tustin Cadillac here in California promised they would not add any ADM to the Cadillac Lyric. They turned their back on their customers and added a 15K ADM. (and that's for a pre-order)

Image 7-25-23 at 5.07 PM.jpeg

Agree
I see more lifestyle vehicle people, coming from wranglers, broncos, etc choosing the CT
Vs work truck vehicle people
Think a majority of F150 people will either stay Ford, check out the Silverado, REV and maybe R1T
Room for both
Nah I don’t see many wrangler and bronco owners going to the Cybertruck. It’s length/wheelbase doesn’t make it a great overlanding vehicle (same for R1T).

It’s customer base will consist mostly of tech bros and Elon/Tesla stans that have not owned a truck before and will never take it off-road. It will compete with Rivian R1T the most as a lifestyle truck, but the R1T has a bit more utility than the Cybertruck and those owners might actually take it to a camp site.

Which dealer would that be in Oklahoma? Care to share? Here in the US, as long as dealerships exist. Those ADM's will always be present. As a matter of fact, Tustin Cadillac here in California promised they would not add any ADM to the Cadillac Lyric. They turned their back on their customers and added a 15K ADM. (and that's for a pre-order)

View attachment 959622
The dealer at which I had my reservation (which I have in writing that they would sell to me for MSRP but decided to wait for the 2025 and so had my $100 refunded), Fowler Ford, contacted me a few weeks back to say that they had a few Lightnings on the lot that they were offering at MSRP.

OMG, car dealers! We got my wife an MDX Type S without any fees, the dirty truth transpired on D-day (so thankful I went alone) when 3 of the gorillas, meaning the finance guy, his boss, and the manager tried to shove down ext. warranties and "protection" (you read right, like in protection racket) packages to no avail on this native of the Balkans for an hour, at the end they just tossed the keys at me "you car is there, you had a Honda, controls are the same". Xxxx these bixxxes, I am doing driveway oil and brake fluid changes for the life of the car, seasonal tire swaps allow me to do tire depth checks and brake pad inspections.