Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ford Fusion ENERGI or Model S ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The yellow sticker have finally gone away. They had been extended i think twice. In one day we had 50,000 cars emptied out of the HOV lanes.

The new green ones will likely sunset next with the whites extended again. (Unless GM does some more "lobbying")

Both the green stickers (plug-in hybrid) and the white stickers (pure EV, hydrogen fuel-cell, and CNG) will expire on Jan 1, 2015. But I completely agree that the white stickers are much more likely to be extended past the 2015 expiration date- they wouldn't have bothered to make the stickers different colors if they didn't intend on treating them differently at some point! The Tesla representative said they are likely to extend the white stickers until 2018, but there are obviously no guarantees.

So I agree that the greater likelihood of having a valid carpool sticker after Jan 1, 2015 is another advantage for the Model S over the Fusion Energi (at least in California). I didn't put all that in my original post because it was already way too long . . .

There is the Ford Focus electric you could consider. It's supposed to have a 75 mile range and IMO a decent looking car I have a Plug in Prius that I got for my 10 mile round trip commute and it works great for that but I found that I really like EV driving and I actually will mildly stress when the ICE kicks in. I want at least a 200 mile range EV and Tesla is the only choice. If there was something else out there that was less flashy with the same range I would consider it, although the MS is very seductive. I think a limiting issue with other car companies is they're squeezing batteries into platforms designed for ICE and that's putting a lot of squeeze on car weight, range, etc.

BTW 6.5 years in a standard Prius and worse tank of gas was 45 mpg on a 75-80 mph all freeway road trip. Usually get 48-51 mpg.

There is the Ford Focus electric you could consider. It's supposed to have a 75 mile range and IMO a decent looking car I have a Plug in Prius that I got for my 10 mile round trip commute and it works great for that but I found that I really like EV driving and I actually will mildly stress when the ICE kicks in. I want at least a 200 mile range EV and Tesla is the only choice. If there was something else out there that was less flashy with the same range I would consider it, although the MS is very seductive. I think a limiting issue with other car companies is they're squeezing batteries into platforms designed for ICE and that's putting a lot of squeeze on car weight, range, etc.

BTW 6.5 years in a standard Prius and worse tank of gas was 45 mpg on a 75-80 mph all freeway road trip. Usually get 48-51 mpg.

At least for me, the focus electric would be cutting it too close in terms of range. The trunk space was also really minimal. Both the focus electric and volt seemed like they would involve too many compromises for me. Both the Fusion Energi and Model S seem like really nice cars that you can also plug in.