Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Form email to send to hotels requesting HPWC or at least 14-50 or J1772

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bhzmark

Jul 21, 2013
Has anyone drafted an email to send to hotel requesting that they install an HPWC?

And gives them a concise outline of the benefits to doing so, and includes info like:

- the contact information for the people at Tesla that can assist them, and
- the website to the destination charging sites and
- explaining that all Tesla owners have a Destination Charging list of hotels in their car and they are likely to select those hotel to go to. - - You should get on that list.

etc.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone already took the time to draft such an email, but we can save that sort of info here to use to send to hotels.

- - - Updated - - -

here is a collection of similar thoughts from other threads -- still a bit of a mess though. Maybe someone has a better letter?

I recently stayed at your hotel in Lake Charles, LA (Monday 7/1 and Wednesday 7/3).
The reason I chose L’auberge, Lake Charles is simple – you have an Electric Vehicle (EV) charger in the parking
garage. Therefore I would like to commend you for making this available to your guests.
I was able to utilize it both nights to recharge my Tesla Model S. Having said that, I was very nervous about being able to
utilize the charger. I was traveling to Texas from the New Orleans metro area and it was critical that I be able to
recharge near Lake Charles. The reason I was nervous is that you only have one charger installed and had it been in use I
would’ve been “out of luck” as it were.
I drive a Tesla Model S – which has approximately 250 miles range on a full charge. Utilizing your 208V 30A Level 2
charger takes me 8 – 10 hours to recharge fully.
I would like to suggest the following:
‐ Install additional chargers in anticipation of the growing demand for electric plug in vehicles (Tesla alone has
sold 50,000+ Model S vehicles since its introduction in late 2012)
‐ Advertise the fact that you have these chargers installed under your amenities section of the website to attract
this growing demographic to your facility (I had to find out you had this by “word of mouth”)
Tesla offers assistance to hotels that are interested in installing High Powered Wall Chargers (HPWC) in their facilities –
see the Destination Charging email link on their webpage:
http://shop.teslamotors.com/collections/model‐s/products/high‐power‐wall‐connector
Thank you for your consideration in this matter and thank you for making the charger you have available to your guests.
Mike
Michael D. Ernst
<email address>

- a description of the "Tesla demo" - high income and traveling.
- plug share/recargo as a way to gain free advertising. (they are probably all over Trip Advisor so they get the power of the internet)

Good morning,

I am an electric vehicle enthusiast and advocate of all things related to electric vehicles. I wanted to pass on some information to you about a program Tesla Motors (maker of premium electric vehicles) has where they will install a high powered electric vehicle charging station at destination locations (such as your bread & breakfast).

There is currently a large gap in coverage of charging stations in YOUR LOCATION and your location in INSERT CITY would be a prime site for a HPWC (High Power Wall Connector) charging port. If your B&B is chosen as a location for a charging station it will attract customers who drive Tesla electric cars to stay at your business. A symbol will be displayed on the charging map (see below) and anyone passing through will see it as a charging opportunity.

Here is the website for requesting consideration: Destination Charging

And here is a map showing current locations. The small red symbols represent the type of charger that is installed under this program: Find Us | Tesla Motors

Finally, as an example, here is a bed and breakfast that is receiving a charging station under this program: Beiderbecke Inn Bed and Breakfast

Just thought I'd pass along this information to help INSERT STATE/REGION transition to a greener future.

Good idea??

Dear [Innkeeper],

My wife and I travel frequently and prefer to stay in high-end B&B's like yours. We drive an electric vehicle, however, and so finding quality lodging that also provides EV charging facilities is a requirement.

My personal experience is that an email will be ignored.

I usually call and talk to either the general manager or the Director of Mktg (depending on size of hotel) & then followup with more information/links. That's proven to be very successful for me.