TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Forrest City AR Found

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by CSFTN, Jul 13, 2018.

1. CSFTN

CSFTN Member

No pictures yet. Driving west on I-40 said to my son “Keep your eyes open, Tesla is supposed to be building chargers right near this exit. It should be in the parking lot of a nice restaurant or hotel.”

Low and behold, as we passed the exit for Forrest city, on the right there’s a holiday in express, with at least 8 Tesla Superchatgers almost completed, workers at them now. Too late to pull over and get pictures. Will stop by on Sunday.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  2. snellenr

snellenr Member

Attention, @BlueShift!

• Like x 1
  3. freefaller1985

I'll run over in the morning and take some pics. Awesome!!!!!

4. CarlA

CarlA Member

Just called the Holiday Inn Express in Forrest City, the person at the front desk didn't know anything about the chargers and even went out and looked in the parking lot and didn't see anything besides parked cars. Will be anxious to see some pics to confirm.

• Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. CSFTN

CSFTN Member

Well I hope I didn’t hallucinate. Went by in an instant, but pretty sure ...... Was travellng 70 in the left lane, couldn’t pull over.

6. freefaller1985

By about 8am we'll know for sure. Dove the 3 to work tonight just to drive over there in the morning to scout it out.

7. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

There haven't been as many Superchargers at hotels this year as previous years, but I guess the Midwest can be slim pickings.

Still, this is awesome.

Supercharger - Forrest City, AR

Interstates: I-40
    US Numbered Highways: US-63*, US-70

To: Memphis, TN - 61.6 miles
    Diversion: 1.6 miles
    To: Jackson, TN - 129 miles

To: Miner, MO (I-40, I-55): 173 miles
    To: Grenada, MS (I-40, I-55): 142 miles
    To: Little Rock, AR (I-40, I-30): 102 miles

So, while it just makes a little dent the I-40 gap between Oklahoma City, OK to Memphis, TN gap, it seems to be a big deal for a few reasons.
    - It's progress on I-40! The Great Southeastern Hole is being filled.
    - It will allow people traveling I-40 to avoid a significant diversion in Memphis, TN (7.1 miles, 13 minutes)
    - I-30-I-40 will be easier

* Concurrent with I-40.

• Like x 1
  8. freefaller1985

Nada......Nothing. Kind of hard to even see the Holiday Inn Express from I40. Drove around all the hotels at the exit and nothing at them either.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  9. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

OK, first, let's assume CSFTN wasn't hallucinating.
    Let's also assume that you didn't miss anything at the hotels.

Maybe CSFTN just got the location wrong.

According to Street View there's an empty area across the road from the Holiday Inn Express. Old paving on it, and no parking signs. Should have been obvious to you f there was construction on it though.

Again, west on I-40 Street Shows a clear view of North Washington St and on the eastern side there's Shell station and Popeye's. I think you'd have been likely to have noticed construction there as well. I note that Street View shows a bunch of white, square bollards with red flowers. At a tired traveler flash I guess they could be mistaken for Tesla Superchargers, especially if there are people working on the flowers.

Sorry for your wasted time.

10. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare PlugShare Maniac & Active Member

Was it you or your son that saw the Superchargers?

11. freefaller1985

Checked all over the Holiday Inn and the gas station and four hotels that are on the east side of Washington St. The pic I took was abeam that new paved area but on the entrance ramp to I40.

12. cadurney

cadurney Member

According to superchargeinfo.com, site construction is about to begin. Now for Clarksville...

13. Buddyroe

Buddyroe Member

LOL....supercharge.info gets its info from here.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  14. CSFTN

CSFTN Member

Sorry all ... it was a mirage. I’m here now. The parking lot in this corner is painted red on all the curbs, and there are 8 pillars on a fence surrounding a few lounge chairs, all of which are topped with a whIte globe light. Red, white, and posts. No Superchargers. Will ask the mods to delete this thread.

15. radioguy

radioguy New Member

16. tpedwards

tpedwards Member

I was getting excited. I drove this route from Nashville to Dallas last month for my niece’s wedding. I had stopped in Jackson and would have rather skipped Memphis. Forrest City would have been perfect. Approaching Little Rock from the East on I-40 or from the West on I-30, you pretty much have to range charge before you begin those legs (Little Rock is a stopover with a surprising number of hotels with HPWCs).

Keep watching. Did anyone let @BlueShift know that Forrest City was a false alarm?

17. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare PlugShare Maniac & Active Member

gone!
    FE59D153-BAE8-4E0A-9084-6473D8267AA3.jpeg
    Hey @BlueShift !
    You’ve removed this location, now can you remove the Calgary South location that I’ve been asking you to remove for months now?