Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fort Worth to Fredericksburg

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to figure the best way to get there! I have to stop in Glen Rose to pick someone up and the IDEAL way to get to Fredericksburg would be 281 or maybe 16. NONE of those have superchargers. There seem to be some destination chargers along the way, but was wondering if anyone knows of one near a restaurant so we could at least sit for an hour. I can probably find an overnight destination charger in Fredericksburg. Thoughts on the best way to do this? Otherwise need to go way out of the way to Junction to get to a supercharger. Ugh.

Telsa's charging page shows 2 hotels in Fredericksburg and a planned Supercharger, though that won't help you for this trip.

Also check PlugShare, be sure to use the filter and deselect the plugs you can't use:
Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 11.43.40 AM.png

Leaving Fredericksburg today (from Dallas). I was able to 110 charge at our B&B... ~ 20% per night. Don’t forget an extension cord. A couple of vineyards (Barrons and Alexander Vinyards) have Tesla chargers and Garrison Brothers Distillery has 14-50 (I am told). I was able to get a little here, a little there. Of note, the charger in town does not work!! I went through the hassle of downloading the app (with bad cell reception), getting an account, all to find out the damn thing is broken ... my advice - don’t try.

• Informative
Reactions: DriverOne
Ended up charging at Barons and since it wasn't busy, they let me just leave it there until full while I hopped in a friend's car to visit other vineyards. It was charging around 54 so it wasn't too bad. Anyone know when the supercharger in Fredericksburg is going to open?

Leaving Fredericksburg today (from Dallas). I was able to 110 charge at our B&B... ~ 20% per night. Don’t forget an extension cord. A couple of vineyards (Barrons and Alexander Vinyards) have Tesla chargers and Garrison Brothers Distillery has 14-50 (I am told). I was able to get a little here, a little there. Of note, the charger in town does not work!! I went through the hassle of downloading the app (with bad cell reception), getting an account, all to find out the damn thing is broken ... my advice - don’t try.
How did you get to Fredericksburg/back to Dallas? What route did you take?

Ended up charging at Barons and since it wasn't busy, they let me just leave it there until full while I hopped in a friend's car to visit other vineyards. It was charging around 54 so it wasn't too bad. Anyone know when the supercharger in Fredericksburg is going to open?
Did you make it straight from Ft. Worth to Fredericksburg via Glen Rose? That is my traditional way of getting there, but have not tried it in an EV. How fast did you drive, what was your state of charge at arrival?

Did you make it straight from Ft. Worth to Fredericksburg via Glen Rose? That is my traditional way of getting there, but have not tried it in an EV. How fast did you drive, what was your state of charge at arrival?
I went Glen Rose to Hico and stopped at a destination charger in Hico that did about 52 mph. Pretty well maxed out there and made it to Fredericksburg via Llano (gorgeous ride) with some to spare. Filled up at a wine tasting who let me leave the car there. Did the same on the flipflop. If Fredericksburg (when) gets the supercharger, will be good. This wasn't ideal but it certainly was a nice ride compared to 35.

I wish Tesla would pus an SC in Evant. It would open up a lot of that area. I used to drive from home thru Hico and down to Johnson City on 281 then on 290 to Fredericksburg and on to Kerrville to visit family. Now its to Waco then via Liberty Hill and Marble Falls to 281 and the rest. There is now a SC in Alvarado which may help some but you'll still need to charge at your destination. But if you only needed to get to Evant, it would be much simpler.