Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forum Quote vs Reply +

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SoCal Buzz

Early Adopter
Supporting Member
Oct 9, 2018
OC, Calif.
Can someone please explain or point me to instructions on how to use Quote vs Reply in a thread? When I press Quote, nothing happens. Then I thought maybe to use “ symbol in new thread, which creates the quote box but it’s empty. What is best way to highlight, quote and insert 1 sentence from someone’s post?

Side question… which button is post preview? Thanks

Solution
Can someone please explain or point me to instructions on how to use Quote vs Reply in a thread?

This post I used the quote function. I highlighted the sentence above in your post. After I highlighted it, the QUOTE button appears. press that button, then it copies the highlighted text to a type of "clipboard" (invisible).

Then when you go to post a new post in a thread, you should see a button appear that says "insert quotes". Click that button, and it will show the posts you have copied (all of them, could be from various posts, or even different threads). After verifying which quotes are going to be inserted (and clicking the REMOVE button to remove ones you dont want, or changing the order of them), you can click the...
Can someone please explain or point me to instructions on how to use Quote vs Reply in a thread? When I press Quote, nothing happens. Then I thought maybe to use “ symbol in new thread, which creates the quote box but it’s empty. What is best way to highlight, quote and insert 1 sentence from someone’s post?

Side question… which button is post preview? Thanks

I used Reply in this post. The text above is what appears when you click the reply button. It copies the entire post you are replying to and you can then type below that to make a response. if I wanted to, I could delete part of your reply above to narrow down the part I want to comment on. Thats one way to narrow down just a sentence or part of a post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can someone please explain or point me to instructions on how to use Quote vs Reply in a thread?

This post I used the quote function. I highlighted the sentence above in your post. After I highlighted it, the QUOTE button appears. press that button, then it copies the highlighted text to a type of "clipboard" (invisible).

Then when you go to post a new post in a thread, you should see a button appear that says "insert quotes". Click that button, and it will show the posts you have copied (all of them, could be from various posts, or even different threads). After verifying which quotes are going to be inserted (and clicking the REMOVE button to remove ones you dont want, or changing the order of them), you can click the button to accept the quote and they will appear in the post.

What is best way to highlight, quote and insert 1 sentence from someone’s post?
See above for how I do it. I would not put it forth as the best, its just how I do it. I dont tend to use the quote function a ton (others use it more than I do) but thats how I do it.

• Helpful
Reactions: danny
Upvote 1
Solution
Ok, got it. Is there a post preview button??

In the top right of the reply box, is a preview button. I never use it (just did just now to test what it does). When you click it, it seems to turn the reply box into a representation of what your post will look like.

Note that, although I am a (volunteer) moderator, I dont have any inside knowledge on this stuff.

Upvote 0