Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is good news. A guy who is close to the service center here said about 50% of the cars need paint work when they are getting delivered. That can't be good for the bottom line. My car is one of them.

Certainly the plastic is cheaper than rework.

Perhaps a noob question, but how thick is that wrap? How much does it actually protect in transit?

That is good news. A guy who is close to the service center here said about 50% of the cars need paint work when they are getting delivered. That can't be good for the bottom line. My car is one of them.

Could be they knowing don’t agonize to make it perfect on the first run and have “optimized” the patching process.

No idea If this is the case but it’s what I would like to think.

I configured on April 30th with Red BUT changed my color today to Midnight Silver.

I actually got invited on Feb 22 and was waiting for AWD but couldn’t wait any longer.

What color did you configure? Also, what finance company are you going through?

I configured on 5/1. Red w/ Aeros. Got approved with EECU @ their lowest rate (2.58%). Planning on trying Lightstream's rate beat and crossing my fingers that EECU has their holiday rates (1.76%) like past years and refinancing.

You? What made you change your mind on color? I'm debating changing to sport wheels, but don't want to delay VIN assignment.

I configured on 5/1. Red w/ Aeros. Got approved with EECU @ their lowest rate (2.58%). Planning on trying Lightstream's rate beat and crossing my fingers that EECU has their holiday rates (1.76%) like past years and refinancing.

You? What made you change your mind on color? I'm debating changing to sport wheels, but don't want to delay VIN assignment.
Back in January I saw my first Model 3 in person at a Tesla showroom in LA area and it was Midnight Silver and loved it. Also, my other car is a Honda Accord charcoal grey and my wife loves that color.

All the colors look good so you really can’t go wrong.

If you gonna change configuration I would recommend do it immediately so your delivery is not too delayed.

EECU has great rates so good choice.

Wow! They really lowered the stock in that lot. The front and side lots are practically empty. Perhaps they were drawing too much attention, causing the security Caravan to have to chase people away all the time, if they only have them in back people will drive right by.

-Randy