Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a unplugged "plug" next to air vent cabin.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys when I was snooping around the front of my car, I noticed a plug that's unplugged or not been plugged in right next to the air cabin area. (attached image) Does anyone know what that does?

While I'm here, is the air cabin usually loose? (the one with a big hole in the front of the frunk next to the 12v battery) Like it's pretty flimsy like I can literally yank it off.

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 129
The 3 black ribbons are wires leading into the windshield glass to heat the top-center portion around the cameras. Someone forgot to connect it when they installed the windshield.

Loose pieces of masking and/or electrical tape like that are common. Tesla seems to use tape to temporarily aid in assembly then they just leave the tape dangling.

Yes the air intake plenum is very loose and wobbly. It's barely sorta secured with a push nut thing, gravity, and a lot of hope. Most automakers take this plenum much more seriously but since there are no toxic fumes under a Tesla hood, they just let an intern handle it.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: tm1v2
I'd guess that wiring would go to the heated windshield wiper resting zone recently added to later model 3's. Note that the 3 black ribbons are wires leading into the windshield glass to heat the top-center portion around the cameras. Perhaps your car is new enough to have the wiring harness, but not new enough to have the actual heated wiper zone. The zip tie is a giveaway as it is Tesla's typical method of securing unused plugs.

Loose pieces of masking and/or electrical tape like that are common. Tesla seems to use tape to temporarily aid in assembly then they just leave the tape dangling.

Yes the air intake plenum is very loose and wobbly. It's barely sorta secured with a push nut thing, gravity, and a lot of hope. Most automakers take this plenum much more seriously but since there are no toxic fumes under a Tesla hood, they just let an intern handle it.
LOL your last comment made me laugh. but thank you so much for the answer it helped me out with my stress a lot hahaha