Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Founders Powerwall installation July 11th-12th!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoop whoop! Founders Powerwall scheduled for installation on July 11th!

I'll try to document the installation and share any pictures requested.

Scheduling Details:
-The Tesla team said that the installation should take 2 days with potential to extend to a third.
-They requested that I be present at home throughout the installation.

System details:
-I'm just having a single Founders Powerwall installed
-The Powerwall will integrate with my existing PV system (SolarEdge inverter)
-The single Powerwall wont provide whole home backup due to the peak loads I have
-They will install a subpanel to support the split between the backed up loads and non backed up loads
-They will add a soft start device for 1 of 2 air conditioners (my smaller unit) so that it can be included with the backed up loads

Net cost:
-Tesla quoted ~$1500 out of pocket costs (costs above the installation allowance included with the Founders Powerwall)

Attachments

• Installation Confirmation.jpg
    Installation Confirmation.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 122
Congratulations!

I got a call in March to say my 2 founders editions powerwalls were on a boat to the UK.

Then I got a call early June from tesla to say actually they haven’t been made and tesla are not making them until late 2018 as all efforts have gone in to Model 3!

So it’s good to hear you’ve got yours as surely that means that others will get them soon too and maybe I will too :)

Whoop whoop! Founders Powerwall scheduled for installation on July 11th!

I'll try to document the installation and share any pictures requested.

Scheduling Details:
-The Tesla team said that the installation should take 2 days with potential to extend to a third.
-They requested that I be present at home throughout the installation.

System details:
-I'm just having a single Founders Powerwall installed
-The Powerwall will integrate with my existing PV system (SolarEdge inverter)
-The single Powerwall wont provide whole home backup due to the peak loads I have
-They will install a subpanel to support the split between the backed up loads and non backed up loads
-They will add a soft start device for 1 of 2 air conditioners (my smaller unit) so that it can be included with the backed up loads

Net cost:
-Tesla quoted ~$1500 out of pocket costs (costs above the installation allowance included with the Founders Powerwall)
I have read that you also get a $2K installation allowance. Curious if that ends up being the case.

Congratulations!

I got a call in March to say my 2 founders editions powerwalls were on a boat to the UK.

Then I got a call early June from tesla to say actually they haven’t been made and tesla are not making them until late 2018 as all efforts have gone in to Model 3!

So it’s good to hear you’ve got yours as surely that means that others will get them soon too and maybe I will too :)
Awe! I'm hopeful that yours will make it over there soon!

Tomorrow is the big day! I hope to have a picture of the Founders Powerwall 2 tomorrow if they get that far.

The team should be installing a sub-panel for the backed up loads, transferring loads, installing soft starter for one air conditioner prior to installing the Energy Gateway and Powerwall.

Any questions or picture requests prior to their start of installation?

Attachments

• 54724D9D-0C67-4AFB-B59E-233D45BD26C0.jpeg
    54724D9D-0C67-4AFB-B59E-233D45BD26C0.jpeg
    370.6 KB · Views: 94