Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Founders Series Powerwall 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since ther eis no transfer, it might be best to see if Tesla will deliver and *not* install so you can at least sell and ship yourself for someone else to install themselves. Or just install and add a little something to help sell the home.

Reactions: ps004ynos
Hi,
I have Founders Series Powerwall 2 available through Tesla referral program. If any one interested in buying one, pl let me know. PM me!
Just a FYI, I spoke TESLA referral program rep., and he mentioned this referral can be transferable.
Thanks.

• Disagree
Reactions: 2012MS85
Hi,
I have Founders Series Powerwall 2 available through Tesla referral program. If any one interested in buying one, pl let me know. PM me!
Just a FYI, I spoke TESLA referral program rep., and he mentioned this referral can be transferable.
Thanks.
Please post Tesla's confirmation that this CAN be transferred, as I purchased (via a contract and $2k pre-paid deposit) a Founders Series PW2 from another TMC member with an initial indication from Tesla Energy that they'd allow the transfer to me. That was a year and a half ago, and early in 2018 Tesla reversed their "policy" and told me directly that these referral prizes could NOT be transferred. PW2s also are not being delivered until 2019, at best (except to a few high-visibility Tesla supporters like D/Erik). So this is just a caution to the seller(s) and potential buyers that Tesla likely isn't allowing PW2 referral prize transfers. I'd be very happy to be proven wrong by having someone post evidence to the contrary, since I have a big space on my garage wall waiting for the PW2 that I've already paid a large deposit on, next to my P85 Sig Red parking spot. PLEASE post proof that I'm wrong, which is based on what Tesla has most recently told me :)

Please post Tesla's confirmation that this CAN be transferred, as I purchased (via a contract and $2k pre-paid deposit) a Founders Series PW2 from another TMC member with an initial indication from Tesla Energy that they'd allow the transfer to me. That was a year and a half ago, and early in 2018 Tesla reversed their "policy" and told me directly that these referral prizes could NOT be transferred. PW2s also are not being delivered until 2019, at best (except to a few high-visibility Tesla supporters like D/Erik). So this is just a caution to the seller(s) and potential buyers that Tesla likely isn't allowing PW2 referral prize transfers. I'd be very happy to be proven wrong by having someone post evidence to the contrary, since I have a big space on my garage wall waiting for the PW2 that I've already paid a large deposit on, next to my P85 Sig Red parking spot. PLEASE post proof that I'm wrong, which is based on what Tesla has most recently told me :)

Has anyone had a powerwall installed this year. I've been waiting for one year on two founders PW's

Tesla powerwall might as well be vaporware... Id buy 2 if I could just order it and have them shipped to the house. Seems impossible to get in North Carolina at any price.

There's a workaround. My convos (paraphrased)

My convo with referral:
Me: Are the referral powerwalls available?
Referral Dept: No, due to Puerto Rico and Hurricane Maria we have a shortage.
Me: That was in 2017....

My convo with Tesla Energy:
Me: How many power walls can I buy?
Tesla: Well right now we don't have just power walls available. Due to Puerto Rico and Hurricane Maria, there's a shortage in supply.
Me: That was in 2017...

My convo with Tesla Energy:
Me: I'd like to get solar panels with power walls as a backup.
Tesla Energy: Sure. How many would you like?
Me: One
Tesla Energy: Well let's calculate your load to see how much would be recommended. We recommend at least 4 for the size of your house and array.
Me: What if I want a week of backup? Can I step it up to say 8?
Tesla Energy: Sure.
Me: Will it delay my panel install? I heard there was a shortage.
Tesla Energy: I'm not sure where you heard that, but we have them available.
Me: I heard it was from Hurricane Maria?
Tesla Energy: That was in 2017...

Just need to buy their solar panels and there will be a magical unlimited supply of power walls available while you get the panels installed. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it gives them a competitive edge whereas their solar panels (not shingles) are kind of generic. But it would be nice if they were upfront, honest, and consistent about it. Oh, and honor their referral commitments.

Has anyone had a powerwall installed this year. I've been waiting for one year on two founders PW's
In California. Owed 3 of these. They’ve been calling me every few weeks begging me to get them installed. Live in apartment so I couldn’t. I finally bought a damn house (not a cheap one!!) in part to get these things installed. Well we needed a house too, but this pushed me over the edge. Now let’s see if they actually install!!