Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Four Corners Monument

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BLKMDL3

Supporting Member
Hello everyone.
My beautiful Model 3 and I are driving to Moab Utah, but I want it to go to two additional states (NM, CO) So I will be detouring to the four corners monument. I have two options
1. Stay at Moenkopi Legacy Inn (Destination Charger) then go next day to four corners-
220 miles Moenkopi-Four Corners-Blanding
LA-Blanding 14:35hrs total inc. charge time

2. Stay somewhere on the 40, Gallup or Holbrook.
Gallup-Blanding stopping at 4 corners 195 miles
Total Drive time: 15:53 inc. Charging

Would it be worth the extra hour to stay on the 40 and rely on SC network and not the destination charger. I am leaning towards option 2. Anyone want to chime in?

Also, it would be 15 mins
extra to take the I-10-I-17 passing through Phoenix and not the I-40. Worth it?
15:53 for I-40
16:10 for I-10– I-17– I-40

Also,
should I get my lowering springs installed before trip for better efficency. Any tips for the drive? Any concerns/suggestions.

I went thru there

IMG_4380.JPG

I was coming from the Farmington Supercharger going west. My next charger was Page, AZ, but I was thinking of going to see Mexican Hat from the Forest Gump movie. To do that I would have had to drive pretty far north to the Blanding charger, maybe next time.

You should be able to get to Gallop just fine, according to Tesla.com/Trips. Visit Shiprock, take pics. I missed the entrance so I will have to go next time. Perhaps I misunderstand your plan.

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 7.26.46 PM.png

-Randy

Last edited:
Thanks, can you re-try the pics, they dont work
I went thru there

View attachment 325547

I was coming from the Farmington Supercharger going west. My next charger was Page, AZ, but I was thinking of going to see Mexican Hat from the Forest Gump movie. To do that I would have had to drive pretty far north to the Blanding charger, maybe next time.

You should be able to get to Gallop just fine, according to Tesla.com/Trips

View attachment 325549
-Randy

Changed the trip. Doing Page-Four Corners-Antelope Canyon-Monument Valley-Zion. Should I take the 40 through Needles and Kingman or take the 10 to the 17 near Phoenix. Both around the same time but If I take the 17 I could stop in Sedona. What is the best road to take?

Also,
I have a radar detector but I may or may not try to top out my car somewhere, hows the presence of cops.

Taking the 10-17. Any chargers to avoid. I drive quite quickly and I have a radar detector. What speed should I go thats not too crazy (I know 86+ is a criminal citation in AZ).

Bought a car jack, and stuff just in case on my way to four corners. Any other advice considering front end bug protection and glass cleaner.

Leaving Saturday morning. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up and see the car! Got me some new carbon mirror caps!
IMG_3922.jpg
IMG_0145.jpg

Would be heading up the hill around 2pm saturday.

Away from Phoenix you'll be fine and see how slow ICE cars are going up the hills..

Small section going into Camp Verde where I've seen cops and a few of those cut overs at the top of the hill where they hide but most of the trip is wide open where lots of people are doing well over 80 myself included..
Enjoy!!!