Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free 75D Performance Upgrade for older models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So a little background. I ordered my car end of May/early June. Like 3 weeks later they upgraded the models with faster 0-60, free air suspension etc. I didn’t find out they did that till July. I called the local sales guy and inquired about if I was getting the faster times or not, and I was willing to cancel my order and reorder. I mean better performance plus air suspension would have been worth 2500.00 to me easy right? He looked at my build date and told me it was last week of June and said my car was one of the first week after getting the new drive units and parts. There was a way to check your URL of your specs to see if you had the D00 or 01, to verify you had the hardware, which I did. I thought I was set. Took delivery August 3rd and asked about confirming I had the faster times and service center new nothing about it. I in fact didn’t. I asked about uncorking which some people I read had requested to upgrade and they knew nothing about it. I was pretty happy about my car so I let it go. But I was really upset for awhile I didn’t get the performance boost. I also read some people where told they couldn’t get it if their spec when ordering didn’t have it so I didn’t bother to put in an official service request.

Anyway after hearing the news, I went down yesterday and inquired and they said they would call me today. Had to run my car against their official list of cars that could be uncorked. I was told it was only like 10,000 vehicles approved. Got the call back this morning tha I was on the list and am bringing my car in tomorrow for the two hour update. I couldn’t be happier. It was my only sore spot in the entire process of buying a car with Tesla.

Reactions: nanimac
I ordered a Vbox sport, its a device that will measure time and distance.... i.e. 0-60, 1/4 mile etc....

not saying anyone would use it on a public road..... but should a fellow Tesla owner want to "check out" how it works PM me, I haven't played with it, as It hasn't arrived yet...

Did my upgrade today. The San Diego guys in there were great. It Definetly has more kick now. Almost too much. Don’t have to move my pedal too much to have it take off. I hope it recalibrates my accelerater settings over time because it feels a little out of wack now. But I can adjust to it for now.

Did my "uncorking" on my July 2016 production X 75D. There's a definite increase in the torque kick when accelerating from stop, and more power when doing lane changes. Added bonus - they also updated my firmware to the "easy entry" version at the same time.

Nobody knew exactly what the parameters were, but Tesla had a list of serial numbers that were eligible. You would call and if it was on the list they would hook you up.

Amazing that Tesla would do this for free. They could easily have offered the upgrade for $1,000 and people would find it to be a bargain.

I smile everytime I give mine the beans. It performs far better than when originally delivered.

Thank You Tesla!

Reactions: Akikiki
Thanks for the response. The reason I'm asking is, I'm shopping for my first Tesla, and a brand new 75D is out of my price range. I'm trying to figure out how I can tell whether any particular used 75D I might be considering buying is eligible for the upgrade. Does anyone have any thoughts?