Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FREE ELON MUSK!

Is the SEC making a mistake or are they abusing their purpose?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

buttershrimp

Click my signature to Go Mad Max Mode
Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2017
ATX
What the hell is going on in America? WTF? Seriously SEC? Seriously?

Stupid for Elon to tweet that? Yes.
Fine Worthy? Sure.
Intentionally lying? Nope.
Intentionally misleading? No, the opposite.
Intentionally manipulating the stock? Nope.
Does he hate short sellers? Yes, and so should the SEC.
Its the SEC turning into Paul Giamatti in Billions? Yes.... except they aren't going after a hedge fund.... they are going after a CEO that needs a nap, a sandwich and a little frickin' respect.

billions.jpg

OK, Butter; I'll bite.

Your first two comments are civil matters. The next three are criminal matters. Differences you can drive a Tesla Semi through with room to spare. The SEC only has civil authority.

Anyway, Elon sorta broke new ground by blurting out on social media his plan to take Tesla private. I hazard a guess that all the SEC rules and regulations were drafted and implemented well before social media became such a whirlwind method of communicating with the public. Social media statements probably are not covered in the employee handbook. I also think that this is a wake-up call for the Board of Directors to keep management in line both on and off duty. (Not like Musk is ever off duty, but that is another matter.)

So, this investigation and its ramifications for Elon Musk are like drawing up the play in the dirt while huddled around the quarterback.

Personally, I believe that there needs to be some sort of oversight to prohibit key players from posting casual remarks that could be seen by the public as a buying or selling opportunity. Some sort of precedence needs to be created by the SEC to alert all the other major players for publicly-traded companies what could happen if they make some sort of comment that is not released through their companies' public relations department or filed with the SEC on the appropriate form.

So, yeah, Musk needs to pay a fine large enough for not only him but also others to take notice. And he probably needs to take a time out for a year or so to cool off, take a nap, and grab a sandwich.

• Love
Reactions: HankLloydRight

Fine Worthy? Sure.
Does he hate short sellers? Yes, and so should the SEC.
Its the SEC turning into Paul Giamatti in Billions? Yes.... except they aren't going after a hedge fund.... they are going after a CEO that needs a nap, a sandwich and a little frickin' respect.

View attachment 338734

Whats' wrong with America ? many folks who simply drink Elon's coolaid what ever the case may be.. Is Tesla cars cool.. is Musk behavior professional for his role and responsibilities - NO. Be happy the SEC got the balls to nail him when the toothless board is sitting and watching his stupid behavior. What about all the folks lost their shirts and pants when the stock hit the roof after he tweeted and how holding the bag ?? grow up dude.. finally it is happening and thats the beauty of america. I'm a Tesla and Musk fan but NOT STUPID. Love the company and respect Elon but don't support his reckless behavior. How many thousands Model 3 buyers are running around like crazy for the past 3 weeks due to the way he is trying to make the numbers.. DOJ, please act as well.

BTW, dont forget, SEC graciously offered him a great escape hatch which he rejected it. so know the facts before polling using biased options. What stopped him to accept the SEC deal to pay for the stupid mistake he did ? his Ego.

BTW, I'm long and got hurt too but believe and trust the company will survive no matter what.

Last edited:
Reactions: HankLloydRight

Fine Worthy? Sure.
Does he hate short sellers? Yes, and so should the SEC

goiong after a CEO that needs a nap, a sandwich and a little frickin' respect.

If you hadn't cancelled so many orders he'd surely have gotten more sleep and been less stressed. :p

• Funny
Reactions: buttershrimp