Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging - 2017 CPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just placed an order on a 2017 Model S CPO - Very few 2017 CPO cars are available.

Tesla is pushing back on the Free Supercharging even with a Referral code.

Anyone has any ideas if there is a way to get them to make an exception and add it to a 2017 CPO?

I already talked to the Re-marketing manager and he is telling me that he can't make any exceptions.

Is this a worthwhile battle? and more importantly any one has a precedent that they could make an exception and add it?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

No referral codes permitted on CPOs. Only new inventory and new custom builds.

Cars built before January 15, 2017 should have lifetime supercharging attached for the life of the car. Cars built after that date only have supercharging while that initial owner owns the car.

This is one of the first examples we are seeing of a post-January 15, 2017 car being sold as a CPO.

I recently took delivery of Model S. I have a Tesla wall connector to cahrge at home. However, I cannot use any supercharging stations as the supercharger does not latch into my Tesla charging port. Some of the other Tesla owners have tried but it does not latch. It seems like Tesla has to change my charging port. Has anyone expereinced this ?

I recently took delivery of Model S. I have a Tesla wall connector to cahrge at home. However, I cannot use any supercharging stations as the supercharger does not latch into my Tesla charging port. Some of the other Tesla owners have tried but it does not latch. It seems like Tesla has to change my charging port. Has anyone expereinced this ?

This sounds like a different problem:

"Charge-gate" on Dec Model S builds

Bruce.

Thanks. Sure sounds like "charge gate." Without access to supercharging I cannot go on a road trip. Limits my driving. i am wondering why Tesla did not not verify this before they sold the car(s). The irony was one of the service center techs' comment about how I need to use more force at the supercharging station...because we are females??? Interesting.

I can't tell you for certain, but I will mention this. Take it for what it's worth. I put a deposit down for a CPO (that has since been cancelled). Free Supercharging was NOT listed as an option on my car. When I asked the two OA's that I worked with, they said that "All CPO Model S come with free unlimited supercharging". This was echoed by two OA's.

Take this with a grain of salt. I think it's odd if this was true since some CPO listings say free SC, and some don't. I was concerned about it, so I got it in writing multiple times from my OA's (which sounds not possible on your deal).