Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO w/ SC01

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I'm currently looking for an early Model S and came across a '16 S90D, which was purchased as a CPO from Tesla in 2023. Contrary to my best knowledge, the car still shows SC01 in the codes and is using superchargers for free.
Doesn't Tesla remove SC01 from all CPOs? Will (or could) Tesla remove free Supercharging from this particular car (if brought to a Service Center or OTA)? Are there any cases known in which CPOs kept SC01 after 2019?

Thanks in advance and sorry if I missed this info somewhere in TMC.

My understanding is that if Tesla ends up owning a car w/ SCO1, they pull it off. If it never was owned (beyond initial manufacture) by Tesla, it stays.
Well, that was my understanding, too. But in this case Tesla did own (and resell) it and SC01 was not pulled off. So I'm wondering if SC01 would stay permanently on the car or it would be pulled off once Tesla realizes their "mistake".

Since your dealing with a private owner that seems cooperative, you might also ask him to send you screenshot of the car details screen out of his account. My mid-2016 MS90D which I purchased new and has SC01 lists at the bottom of the list of features that it lists Free Unlimited Supercharging. Now, that's not 100% proof positive that the car was not intended to be sold with SC04, supercharging for them that didn't transfer, but it does at least confirm the car at the moment is shown in Tesla's system as having free supercharging.

Here's screenshot of what my car shows on that details screen. Look at the bottom line.

1695516200444.png

Did you check the VIN with Tesla or the dealer? He might confuse it? If SC01 is important to you I wouldn't risk it.
It was the tesla dealer I was concerned because the private party seller had a brand new model x she said she did not transfer it to that car and the tesla dealer confirmed the one I was buying has sc01 on it. It is completely private party transfer through the tesla app.

...tesla dealer...
If you buy new or used from Tesla, what it says is what you'll get. On its webpage, it would say Free Unlimited Supercharger.

It's risky to buy from non-Tesla, including private owners, because we don't know whether the owner gave up that Free Unlimited Supercharger in a previous campaign or transferred it away during the past month's campaign.

They went to charge and it's still zero dollars super charging and tesla dealer said its sc01 so I dunno its very weird I'm worried that when it transfer to me itll go away
I would push the dealer to show you documention or proof that's it's SC01. The fact that is shows zero dollars would also be consist with it having the SC05 non-transferable free supercharging option.

I'm actually unclear at the moment how as a purchaser, or even a seller, it's possible to truly confirm a car has SC01. There had been a way with access to the owner's account you could copy the graphic of the car, then paste it into a text file to see the html code behind the image, which had all the option codes. However, my recent experience trying to do this with my car didn't work, and I find you no longer are able to see option codes behind the image. Before that, if you used the API to pull data from the car, it would give you the option code string, but that quite working a couple years ago and seemed to just return a set of default options (it would show my June 2016 built MS90D as a Model 3!).

So that's what's behind my comment for the dealer to show you what documentation they have of proof that it's SC01, as I'm not sure how anyone could do that. I know I couldn't do it when I recently sold my old 2016 Model S.

I would push the dealer to show you documention or proof that's it's SC01. The fact that is shows zero dollars would also be consist with it having the SC05 non-transferable free supercharging option.

I'm actually unclear at the moment how as a purchaser, or even a seller, it's possible to truly confirm a car has SC01. There had been a way with access to the owner's account you could copy the graphic of the car, then paste it into a text file to see the html code behind the image, which had all the option codes. However, my recent experience trying to do this with my car didn't work, and I find you no longer are able to see option codes behind the image. Before that, if you used the API to pull data from the car, it would give you the option code string, but that quite working a couple years ago and seemed to just return a set of default options (it would show my June 2016 built MS90D as a Model 3!).

So that's what's behind my comment for the dealer to show you what documentation they have of proof that it's SC01, as I'm not sure how anyone could do that. I know I couldn't do it when I recently sold my old 2016 Model S.
It's private party purchase also can the active spoiler be installed on a model x from 2016 90d