Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free supercharging is currently enabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So when I initially bought my M3 in January 2019 the owner portal indicated "6 months of free supercharging".

Then recently the owner portal indicated an exact expiry date...

Now as of today it just shows "free supercharging is currently enabled"...I wonder if Tesla is trying to be cool to existing owners by adding free perpetual supercharging in exchange for the recent price decreases....? or more likely answer is that they just don't have their sh!t together and nothing has changed...sorry if this has already been prosecuted on the forums...
For what its worth... my account says pay per use supercharging.

Delivery May 24th

If everybody who had 6 months free supercharging has their wording changed to "currently enabled" from "6 month free" then I think we're still only 6 months free until that time comes up.

On top of that, I should have 150 credit because I ordered in that 2 week period in Oct 2018. So maybe mine will continue to say "currently enabled" until I use up both 6 months plus $150.... Which really should be never. I don't plan on .using SC unless it's am emergency.

Finally got in touch with support. I had a Dec 18 delivery, MR, I had one referral and gave one referral. I asked about the change in SC status, I went from 6 months free to currently enabled. After a brief check he said it looks like before the referral program went away (as in the day before) accounts with specific referrals (not sure what that means) were upgraded to currently enabled and told me to enjoy the upgrade.

Take that with your typical grain of salt FYI

If everybody who had 6 months free supercharging has their wording changed to "currently enabled" from "6 month free" then I think we're still only 6 months free until that time comes up.

On top of that, I should have 150 credit because I ordered in that 2 week period in Oct 2018. So maybe mine will continue to say "currently enabled" until I use up both 6 months plus $150.... Which really should be never. I don't plan on .using SC unless it's am emergency.

Whoa! I forgot about the $150 in addition to 6 months. I also bought in October of last year. Thanks for the reminder!

Just looked at mine and it has an end date for free supercharging. Didn't have that yesterday.

Best part is the end date is 3 months past my 6 month mark.

Did we all just get 3 months of free supercharging??

lol...dang, my account still shows expiration of supercharging...and i was the one that tweeted to elon that we should just be given free unlimited supercharging to compensate for this EAP/FSD fiasco....goodwill to those that bought in early and cheap to Tesla since no cash outlay for now!

Reactions: ClarkJoeKent
Mine said "currently enabled" over the weekend. I bought on 12/04/2018. I self referred myself (and ended up with 8 total referrals). Model 3P but only 6 month supercharging from the referral.

Now (today) it shows an end date for supercharging of June 5th 2019 (which would be the correct end date based on the above).

I was hoping based on one of the above posts that they had thrown us a bone, but sounds like another case of a tesla employee not having the correct information, Probably well meaning tesla employee but /shrug.

Reactions: steve in socal