Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging Miles Dissappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this. I got my Model 3 less than a month on June 13th. I'd ordered a few months earlier when the 7500km/5000 miles of free supercharging referral bonus was in effect. I supercharged about 4 times before, and each time the dollar amount for supercharging changed to zero within a few minutes after ending the charge session. My loot box in the app showed the KMs remaining and they updated accordingly. Last night I did a supercharging session and the dollar amount didn't change. This morning I got a charge for $13.55 on my visa. Checking my loot box I noticed that it no longer displays free supercharging kilometers. Seems my miles have expired with only 3 weeks of owning the car, has anyone else had this happen?

My entire loot box disappeared at the end of June, so it would be hard to say what happened to my referral miles. I'm still optimistic though as I'm only on the third email to customer support ...

I just checked and my bonus miles are still there. I generally recommend removing your credit card when you know you are paying with bonus miles. Just delete it completely from your account until you use up the miles or they expire. The supercharger should still work fine even if it thinks you don’t have any miles. It will just accumulate a bill that will show up the next time you schedule a service center appointment but hopefully the referral program will fix your account long before that happens.

• Informative
Reactions: AdamMacDon
I just checked and my bonus miles are still there. I generally recommend removing your credit card when you know you are paying with bonus miles. Just delete it completely from your account until you use up the miles or they expire. The supercharger should still work fine even if it thinks you don’t have any miles. It will just accumulate a bill that will show up the next time you schedule a service center appointment but hopefully the referral program will fix your account long before that happens.
Hmmm that's a good idea, so the supercharger will work even if I have no credit card and an outstanding balance owing with Tesla? If so I'll just do that.

That's an excellent tip, thanks. I'm almost identical to OP's sitch.

An update for everyone, after calling Tesla (and waiting in line for several hours combined), They've reset my free KM's and I again have 7,500. No idea what the expiry date is, if it reset or not too. Glad to no longer have to pay our awful per-minute rate we have here in BC, at least for a while.

BC no longer qualifies for the free supercharging rewards (not sure when they removed our eligibility). So its POSSIBLE that the system removed them automatically. I would get in touch with Tesla and see whats going on.

I bought my Tesla a few weeks ago, and I had to get an email from Tesla to show me where to look in their rewards page, for the reference to BC being no longer eligible. 2 of my local friends got theirs maybe a month ago? and they also didn't get any free miles from referal rewards.

If you DID have them originally, I would assume you should be grandfathered in, and still get to keep them. GL finding out about it!