Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla bonus free supercharger miles problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For taking delivery of my Tesla Model Y before March, I was granted 5000 free Supercharger Miles. This came as 5k credits in the Loot Box. However when it came to redeeeming these credits, it only gave option to redeem as 5000 kilometres. This equated to 3106 miles - substantially less than the 5k miles they'd offered!

Wondering if anyone else has seen this happen, and whether it's worth complaining to Tesla.. That's nearly 1900 miles less than they clearly offered in emails and comms!

I came here to search if others had my issue and this sounds similar to what I experienced; except that I got 0 supercharging miles (that's zero) from the recent, and still running, 3-year "free" supercharging promotion. I ordered my Model S on 19 April and took delivery on 12 May. I was expecting to qualify for the promotion since I did what the web site said when I placed my order (take delivery by 20 June).
However... as Tesla pointed out this morning when I asked... when you read the fine print, it says the promotion is for those who order AND take delivery between 20 April and 20 June. It appears that I ordered my vehicle too early in reaction to the promotion. Gotcha!

So I wouldn't put much weight on these promotions and I also wouldn't expect any resolution. And definitely do not expect any retroactive action, LOL

P.S. If you ordered your vehicle before 20 April and have not taken delivery yet, like me, you will not get free supercharging miles even if you take delivery before 20 June as the promotion states.