Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help on "Free Unlimited Supercharging for Life"...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Manager at local dealer said if it goes to auction, Tesla will remove free super charging before they send it out the door. Cars are showing up on other lots, coming from auction. If u get from private owner it's transferrable. I got mine from private owner. I had to show proof of ownership to transfer in Tesla data base, took week.
I don't believe thats true unless Tesla sends it to auction..
I bought one from IAAI auction n it has SC01. Many others posted same experience.
Which auction ur talking about?

It’s not the auction that causes loss of FUSC. It’s that Tesla had taken ownership and then sent it to auction. Tesla has every right to modify the car when they take ownership - but not otherwise.
I know for a fact that private party cars that go to auction and are bought by a dealer and sold still maintain FUSC.

Reactions: brainhouston
Tesla isn't allowed to modify anything that they don't own. Now when the previous owner deletes the car from their app.... Tesla doesn't own the car but they ALSO know that neither does anyone else at that moment. That leads to an opportunity for shenanigans... But proving that timeline is likely impossible.

My sister's 2013 P85 was NOT traded to Tesla, yet it was stripped. When at the dealership BEFORE being bought, it looked like it may have had SC01 b/c of the premium connectivity... But when she claimed ownership, suddenly it was SC04. I sense douchebaggery but haven't been able to get ANY traction with the company so just gave up trying.

Reactions: Rocky_H
My sister's 2013 P85 was NOT traded to Tesla, yet it was stripped. When at the dealership BEFORE being bought, it looked like it may have had SC01 b/c of the premium connectivity... But when she claimed ownership, suddenly it was SC04. I sense douchebaggery but haven't been able to get ANY traction with the company so just gave up trying.
PC doesn't mean anything these days cause there's been many ways owners could have transferred FUSC but PC always remains.
I don't believe Tesla will remove anything even if nobody has the car in the app
That car most likely didn't have SC01 when it got to dealer ...