Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fremont Delivery Hub Thanksgiving Week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was wondering if anyone was able to pick up their Model 3 this week - Mon, Nov 19 through Wed, Nov 21?

We were scheduled for today (Tue, Nov 20).

Tesla texted me on Nov 13 that my car was ready early and they rescheduled me for Sat, Nov 17 (without even asking us).

After saying Nov 17 was not doable, we were changed back to Tue, Nov 20.

But then Tesla texted on Sun, Nov 18 saying the Fremont Delivery Hub had "unforeseen circumstances" and they pushed the date to Sun, Nov 25.

Anyone else experience this type of delivery delay this week at Fremont?

I wonder how much out door delivery in the smoke belt impacted things - it's been fairly nasty around here.. can't imagine how bad up north :(
My wife and I had our N95 masks on for the delivery as did the Tesla parking lot attendant who was outside directing traffic and verifying the VINs of cars being driven off the lot. I was a bit surprised the waiting room was so empty when we were there. They didn't even have the coffee ready. Not sure if it was due to last minute cancellations due to the poor air quaility or that our appointment was so early in the morning mid-week. I know when I rescheduled our appointment, they only had early morning and evening slots available for that day -- nothing midday. So I'm thinking the early appointments weren't the most popular.

Thank goodness we're finally getting some rain. I've been driving with the air on recirculate up to now (which has really helped).

Last edited:
Reactions: SMAlset
Was wondering if anyone was able to pick up their Model 3 this week - Mon, Nov 19 through Wed, Nov 21?

We were scheduled for today (Tue, Nov 20).

Tesla texted me on Nov 13 that my car was ready early and they rescheduled me for Sat, Nov 17 (without even asking us).

After saying Nov 17 was not doable, we were changed back to Tue, Nov 20.

But then Tesla texted on Sun, Nov 18 saying the Fremont Delivery Hub had "unforeseen circumstances" and they pushed the date to Sun, Nov 25.

Anyone else experience this type of delivery delay this week at Fremont?

I was supposed to take delivery last Wednesday, Nov 21. Got an email on Sunday night (Nov 18) about "unforeseen circumstances" and was pushed to this morning, Sunday Nov 25. I asked several times what the "unforeseen circumstances" were, but never got a straight answer. I'm supposed to pick up in a few hours...will see!

I ordered mine on Friday and it was scheduled for afternoon delivery to my house this Tuesday. Too soon to take time off - so I asked to reschedule to Fremont. I was told that all Fremont deliveries are on hold indefinitely. No reason given to the delivery team. I had to push out my home delivery for another 8 days. It looks like they originally assigned me a VIN within 15 minutes of ordering. It seems to have gone away though so maybe they are going to get me a different car due to the week delay.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset