Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frequent "Park Assist disabled", now being blamed on OBDII port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone here having Parking assist disabled error or have had any issues with OBDII device for per-mile insurance?

I have never had anything in my OBD since I bought the vehicle 2 weeks ago but have been having the same problem. I don't recall it happening prior to my car getting the 9.50 update and I personally have chalked the warning up to all of the snow we've been getting here lately.

I'll keep an eye on it and maybe bring it by Tesla to have a looksy. I'll report back if I find any resolution.

Exactly the same issue for my 2016 Model S. It is going back to the Service Center for the 3rd time on the same "Park Assist Disabled" problem within 5 months! Without the functioning sensor, Summon doesn't work, I don't get warnings for how close to an object when parking, ... looks like I am going to drive a loaner car again for a week or two :(

Exactly the same issue for my 2016 Model S. It is going back to the Service Center for the 3rd time on the same "Park Assist Disabled" problem within 5 months! Without the functioning sensor, Summon doesn't work, I don't get warnings for how close to an object when parking, ... looks like I am going to drive a loaner car again for a week or two :(
Using Metromile?

So I know this is an old post but I was wondering if anyone having this issue can provide updates as to what their outcome was. I had my car in Tesla multiple times for this issue and have been super frustrated. They replaced a module that cost almost $500 after that didn't work they informed me they could not figure out the issue so I needed to return my car to OEM(no wrap). I had to cut out the circles on all 12 sensors and remove the wrap to prove this wasn't causing the issue. Once that was done they determined it was in fact the Metro Mile OBDII causing the problem.