Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frequent phone key not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an iPhone and I am frequency not being able to get in my car. I believe the phone is connected but somehow it doesn’t work. I just have to get into the locked screen every time and then the thing works. Is there anyway to fix it as it is a crime against humanity to take the phone out to open the door jk

I too have had issues opening my door when approaching with my iPhone (Verizon). Was so frustrated that I switched it to my other iPhone (sprint) with the same extremely frustrating issue. I have found that all I need to do is take the phone out of my pocket and just activate it. Not even unlock it but just touch the screen so the time shows. Then it opens my door. Its still pretty frustrating so I just purchased the FOB and that works every time. Expensive purchase to just open a door that I can already open, but it was worth it to me.

I started having this issue when I got a new phone, it seems the new phones Bluetooth is less powerful so I have to stand right upto the car with my body turned so my phone is facing the car. I keep my phone on a clip on my left side so same issue once I get in, I had to take my phone off the clip and move it to the center console to get it to drive. I bought a key fob with passive entry ... Best accessory I've bought for my car, no more issues.

it seems like a firmware issue?

I have Sammy S20, earlier this year the car can be unlocked with the phone in my pocket, but after the last update, I need to unlock the screen before entering the car, which is silly.