Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front aft lower control arms - OEM vs Beck-Arnley?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
here it a photo of it at standard drive height. After reading the N2itive website, perhaps I should readjust to the low setting since i have it set to that on highway driving speeds. Would it get an alignment on low height vs standard height? the N2itivie info seems to show that the camber is adjusted between the different ride heights.

You don't need to get a new alignment for low vs standard. It's only 1/4"-1/2" difference in ride height, that's a minimal change in suspension geometry (would only impact camber by maybe 0.2 degrees).

• Informative
Reactions: cleverscreenam
If you're in any way mechanically inclined, you can save about $1200 on this job.

You just need two of these: Sidem Belgium Front Left or Right Lower Rearward Control Arm For Tesla S X | eBay

And the inner mounting hardware from the Service Center, about $25 total:
1006484-00-A x 2
2007107 x 2
2007106 x 2

Mark the position of the camber adjustment lobe on the existing inner bolt so you'll be able to get it fairly closely aligned when you put the new ones in.

Remove the outer and strut mount nuts, loosen and cut the inner bolt (not enough clearance to remove it on its own b/c battery).

Replace with the new part, use the new nut, washer and bolt on the inner mount (put the bolt in backward so you don't have this issue again), tighten it to line up the marks you made initially, and then go get a $150 alignment.

Job done for $550.

(FYI, Sidem is the manufacturer of the part that Beck & Arnley white labels. So they're exactly the same, just lower cost direct from the manufacturer)
Do we believe that this part is better than OEM?

You can find Mevotech arms on RockAuto. They have lifetime warranties and I've had several Mevotech parts in my Model S for a few years now with no issues. Delphi arms also have lifetime warranties, and Moog has a worldwide presence.
"Moog also has notable track record of providing a range of control axes on Formula 1 racing cars and has been involved in this business for over 30 years. The technologies provide extremely high power:weight ratio and provide actuation for up to 10 axes on each car."

Was originally looking at Mevotech before I found this thread. I still may go that route if I can find Sidem. I also didn’t know about that lifetime warranty so that may be the way I go as week. Thanks for the information on that because it would be nice to never have to buy control arms again.

Reactions: cleverscreenam
Just got a used Model X with 70K miles. Don't have the service records so I have no idea if the control arms have been replaced. Doing research now so I know which parts to get when the time comes, which I feel like can be soon based on the times bushings normally fail.

Does anyone know what the letter represents in this part number for the control arm?

1027351-00-E

I’ve been looking at different ones and I noticed some end with A,B,C,D, or E. Seem like they all will work and I was thinking maybe reflects the version. Wanted to make sure this would work for my 2019 Model X Long Range Raven

Been trying to find the Sidem brand control arms and haven't been able to find any in stock anywhere. The store on EBay no longer has any and haven't been able to find them anywhere else on the web. Maybe the word is getting out about it.

More people coming off warranty and getting sick of only having one place to go for parts! Tesla's second to only like Aston Martin in lack of aftermarket support, it's very frustrating considering how many cars Tesla makes.

Does anyone know what the letter represents in this part number for the control arm?

1027351-00-E

I’ve been looking at different ones and I noticed some end with A,B,C,D, or E. Seem like they all will work and I was thinking maybe reflects the version. Wanted to make sure this would work for my 2019 Model X Long Range Raven

The letter at the end is the revision version of the part. A being the original, E being the newest.

"E" looks like the revised version. A and B were the previous faulty design IIRC.

More people coming off warranty and getting sick of only having one place to go for parts! Tesla's second to only like Aston Martin in lack of aftermarket support, it's very frustrating considering how many cars Tesla makes.

The letter at the end is the revision version of the part. A being the original, E being the newest.

"E" looks like the revised version. A and B were the previous faulty design IIRC.
Thanks