Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Front door body seal has split - how difficult is remove & replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Padelford

Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2017
Seattle
I discovered that the driver front door seal on the body has split at the bottom. How difficult is this deal to replace?

I’ve tried calling two Tesla SC’s parts departments and left messages. No response. I’m not very happy that I have to actually visit one to get part info.

Reactions: Smileysam
Pic of seal, there are many. If this its $115. WILL fail OFTEN so keep having Tesla replace iy UNDER their 1 year parts warranty👀👍🏼
AirLeak1.jpeg

I just changed the body-side driver door seal on my MX. Mine split on the bottom edge, probably because I rubbed my legs there getting out for years. It’s pretty easy, but there is one trick I learned from a Tesla SC tech: there’s a seam in the gasket at the front of the door opening. Put some tape on the plastic next to the gasket seam and make a pencil mark locating the seam. Start the new gasket with its seam at the mark, then press the new gasket into place moving away from the seam.

I’ll make a video of this if there’s interest.

Reactions: ####AFastTezla
I just changed the body-side driver door seal on my MX. Mine split on the bottom edge, probably because I rubbed my legs there getting out for years. It’s pretty easy, but there is one trick I learned from a Tesla SC tech: there’s a seam in the gasket at the front of the door opening. Put some tape on the plastic next to the gasket seam and make a pencil mark locating the seam. Start the new gasket with its seam at the mark, then press the new gasket into place moving away from the seam.

I’ll make a video of this if there’s interest.
YES! Video please.

I had the mobile ranger come out and change my drivers side door seal. Mine was eroding and falling apart. It was considered an expendable item and not covered by my extended warranty. IT cost about $200 to purchase and replace.