Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front end knocking sound Model Y performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is MY SR delivered in June 2022 and i'm in China, similar issue spotted after several months, went to the service 3 times, last month they replaced damper assembly but it didn't help, I'm still hearing muffled sort of thump on undulated road. someone in Chinese forum said it's the original suspension mount doesn't fit, i can also find someone selling a reinforced mount on ALIBABA, have any clue on these parts?

Attachments

• 微信图片_20230727093233.png
    微信图片_20230727093233.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
Mine is MY SR delivered in June 2022 and i'm in China, similar issue spotted after several months, went to the service 3 times, last month they replaced damper assembly but it didn't help, I'm still hearing muffled sort of thump on undulated road. someone in Chinese forum said it's the original suspension mount doesn't fit, i can also find someone selling a reinforced mount on ALIBABA, have any clue on these parts?
I don’t think it is this on mine as I have tried replacing these parts with no effect.

In other discussions on the forum we talk about the coating over the battery that slams, others about the endlink that slams and makes that noise, others say that it is the wheel bearing, others say that it is the stabilizer bar not fixed correctly.

Is it possible that all these discussions and Tesla doesn't know the problem or worse he doesn't know how to solve it?

In other discussions on the forum we talk about the coating over the battery that slams, others about the endlink that slams and makes that noise, others say that it is the wheel bearing, others say that it is the stabilizer bar not fixed correctly.

Is it possible that all these discussions and Tesla doesn't know the problem or worse he doesn't know how to solve it?
As I wrote in other thread, check the suspension damper rod and tighten the nut for the damper. You can access is after removing the airfilter.

I have had my new M3 RWD 2023 for 3 months, and this knocking sound from the front left wheel is also driving me crazy. I have taken it into 2 different service centers, they have performed a front end "retorque" of all suspension components, they messed up my alignment, fixed my alignment, but my noise is stilll there. It reminds me of sway bar links being worn in my old SAAB, but I doubt it is that simple. The odd thing is, when I go for a ride in the passenger seat with the technician, it is very hard to hear this noise from the passenger seat. Almost makes me wonder if having weight in the right side of the car balances out the suspension and lessens the noise, or if it is just extremely localized. It makes me hate driving the car, and I am already considering selling it and getting something with good suspension, such as my old Mazda. Never heard a single bad sound from that car's suspension no matter the road. I feel like the car is going to fall apart every time I am going over even minor bumps.

I have had my new M3 RWD 2023 for 3 months, and this knocking sound from the front left wheel is also driving me crazy. I have taken it into 2 different service centers, they have performed a front end "retorque" of all suspension components, they messed up my alignment, fixed my alignment, but my noise is stilll there. It reminds me of sway bar links being worn in my old SAAB, but I doubt it is that simple. The odd thing is, when I go for a ride in the passenger seat with the technician, it is very hard to hear this noise from the passenger seat. Almost makes me wonder if having weight in the right side of the car balances out the suspension and lessens the noise, or if it is just extremely localized. It makes me hate driving the car, and I am already considering selling it and getting something with good suspension, such as my old Mazda. Never heard a single bad sound from that car's suspension no matter the road. I feel like the car is going to fall apart every time I am going over even minor bumps.
True... I couldn't pickup on video until i put my camera right next to the driver a pillar.

The final time i took it in the senior tech said he thought the sound was coming from the passenger side. Shortly after they said it was characteristic of the car.

It appears to be a design issue in some components.