Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front end whining from RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve done some searches, but can’t find anything that really describes what I’m hearing. I am hearing a low volume, high pitch whine from the front or front right side. It seams to be most notable around 50-55mph and varies slightly in pitch with speed. I have a RWD so that rules out the motor.

Also, last night I swear it sounded like a Jetson’s car with a sort of wobbling sci-fi noise. This has only happened once.

I've seen online where this can occur when a rock gets stuck between the brake rotor and the metal shield behind the rotor. Flexing the metal shield allows the rock/pebble to fall out. You might try that or do a search to see what I'm talking about.

I would definitely check for pebbles stuck in the shield. If nothing is stuck then I would lean towards the wheel bearing. My model S had a noise that what I thought was the dust shield a but ended up being the wheel bearing. I was at 50k when that occurred.