Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front license Plate bracket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our state requires a front license plate. Does Tesla mount a front license plate bracket/holder to the MY before delivery? I've seen 3rd party brackets/holders available for the M3 but Tesla must have some solution to be compliant with state laws...

every state is different. I am in California and yes it is required. Tesla will attach the bracket at delivery and will not allow you to drive off without it installed. Tesla tells me its law and they have to comply or no delivery.

every state is different. I am in California and yes it is required. Tesla will attach the bracket at delivery and will not allow you to drive off without it installed. Tesla tells me its law and they have to comply or no delivery.
I can't confirm or deny for Tesla doing that, but for any other (new) vehicle I ever bought they will just have you sign a waiver if you don't want the front plate installed.

Apart from that, most Teslas I see around here do not have a front license plate... Of course could have been taken off after delivery.

Interesting, because I've bought 3 Teslas so far in California, and they did not install the front plate on any of them. Nor did the Chevy dealer on the Volt I bought before I switched to Tesla.

I got mine in early 2018 and I never even received the front plate bracket. Just got my 1st no front plate fix-it-ticket last week.

Reactions: frankvb