Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front License Plate Wrap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You whip out the letter from the CA DMV stating your name, license number, governing bodies authorizing the wrap (DMV and CHP), reference to the specific Senate Bill authorizing use on California vehicles and the phone number to the Vehicle Registration Programs Development Section of the DMV.

Reactions: FlyErik
I hate using a front license plate but this is very doable, and they do have the Legacy style that I use in the rear. Will order one now.

This can save me some extra weight and won’t impact the aero dynamic of the front bumper and for this reason I would get it.

Fred

Last edited:
You whip out the letter from the CA DMV stating your name, license number, governing bodies authorizing the wrap (DMV and CHP), reference to the specific Senate Bill authorizing use on California vehicles and the phone number to the Vehicle Registration Programs Development Section of the DMV.
Well, that is an option. I agree.
I would prefer not getting pulled over.I wonder if this increases or decreases your chances of that?

Does this work well? Absolutely high quality. It is so high quality in fact, that if you position it too high up on your bumper in the center, it will interfere with the car's sensors for TACC, according to many reports. Fortunately for me, even though I had no idea at the time of applying this, I still put it high enough that it didn't interfere with any of my sensors.

So which areas should you avoid putting this on? I ordered one and want to make sure I don’t block a sensor.

Cool thanks. I just got got mine today. How long did it take for you to get your DMV letter? And how did you notify the DMV of your beginning mileage?

I don't remember. I seem to remember that the DMV letter came first, though. As far as notifying the DMV, that occurred through my registration. I don't remember filling that part in through the process for the license plate wrap.

Reactions: FlyErik
Cool thanks. I ordered mine first week of July. Received plate today. Nothing from DMV yet.

That was about the same timeline I received mine. I think you'll be safe applying it now even without the dmv letter, if you wanted to. All it states is to keep the letter in your car at all times as well as your original license plate. So I just left this in the glovebox and my license plate in the hidden compartment in the trunk if it's ever needed.

Reactions: ONEDVSMOFO
I have my front plate on cause I'm worried that if I get pulled over, I'll get a fix it for the front tint.

Can you put this on vinyl (like the carpool stickers), before putting it on the car?

Will you still get pulled over by some uninformed officer? Need to know that first.

Last edited: