Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Passenger Seatbelt Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does everyone else have the front passenger seatbelt constantly, noisily, banging against the side of the seat when not in use? Anyone come up with a creative way to stop it?

Right now I keep it belted but as I have passengers I am certain it will be annoying to keep it up.

Yes, I put a strip of black velcro (soft side) on the passenger seat along the hard plastic edge that meets up with the seat material. I also put a small pieces around the corner of the buckle handle and it has helped a ton.

Attachments

• A8607AFC-A976-4D48-8BC8-E0ABC68D5D40.jpeg
    A8607AFC-A976-4D48-8BC8-E0ABC68D5D40.jpeg
    299.4 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: RB88
I've heard it too periodically. It's only sometimes so I've had a hard time pinpointing where it's coming from. I can't really jump into the passenger seat to get a closer look while driving. I'm pretty sure it's the latch bumping into the pillar like brandon mentioned. I hear the same thing in my Mazda. I'll keep an eye on this post.

Does everyone else have the front passenger seatbelt constantly, noisily, banging against the side of the seat when not in use? Anyone come up with a creative way to stop it?

Yup - I definitely have this !! I created a post a while back about this issue. The solutions I received were similar to @b_ran_don above, but with other types of felt pads or items that actually went around the seat belt. I even tried raising and lowering the seat belt height from the shoulder anchor. I like the above velcro idea because it's black, so I'm going to give this a try. I realized what was causing it, when I only heard the noise when no one was in the front passenger seat.