Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front seat belt buckles a little too high

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seat belts and the buckles in this car are all poorly designed. About the only major quibble I have with the car is this.
The rear buckles are so bad I had to buy extensions, and even then the kids have a hard time getting it done.
And the rear seat belts get caught in the poorly designed slot for them so my daughter can't even buckle without help.

-- end of rant --

Love the car. Just astounding. A small nit-pick is the front seat belt buckles seem a bit high. They are up on my hip and it feels odd. Does any one else feel as though the seat belt buckles are too high?

Yes, this same issue bothers me as well. I compared it to the passenger seat belt as well as to the driver's seat belt height in another MS and found that my driver's side seat belt buckle is about 1-2" higher. My service advisor told me that the height cannot be adjusted, so he would order a replacement part to see if the length is any different. I'll give you an update when the part arrives in 1-2 weeks.

Incidentally, I didn't have a problem with the rear seat belts when I tested them, but in fairness I rarely sit in back!

any update on this replacement part? my drivers seat belt is driving me crazy, WAY too high up, and the tension is pretty high on the belt when buckled, so it digs into my hip... I am using a seat belt tension clip that reduces the tension on the belt, but still this should be addressed....

- - - Updated - - -

when you compared the different cars, was the drivers seat in the same height position? you can raise the seat up and the seat belt buckle will be lower... I like me seat low though, and don't want to have to raise it up all the way...

Yes, this same issue bothers me as well. I compared it to the passenger seat belt as well as to the driver's seat belt height in another MS and found that my driver's side seat belt buckle is about 1-2" higher. My service advisor told me that the height cannot be adjusted, so he would order a replacement part to see if the length is any different. I'll give you an update when the part arrives in 1-2 weeks.

Incidentally, I didn't have a problem with the rear seat belts when I tested them, but in fairness I rarely sit in back!

any update on this replacement part?

Unfortunately, no update yet on the replacement part. I had other work done on my car but the seat belt never arrived. The service center told me that the part is still on order and will call me when it comes in. It could be a while before I have it installed, since the service center is not nearby.

- - - Updated - - -

when you compared the different cars, was the drivers seat in the same height position? you can raise the seat up and the seat belt buckle will be lower... I like me seat low though, and don't want to have to raise it up all the way...

I don't recall if both car seats were at the same height when comparing the fit of the seat belts. I didn't notice the seat belt feeling much different when the seat was raised higher, however I too prefer the lower setting to improve visibility out the rear windshield.