Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frozen screen while playing Atari game

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was taking my kids to school this morning and she wanted to stop at Starbucks before school. While waiting for her, I decided to go into the owner’s manual but it was all blank. I said whatever, so I decided to show my son the Atari game. Played one game of missile command and then decided to switch to Asteroids but at this point, the screen froze. Tried to press every part of the screen but nothing worked, period!!

By this time my daughter was back, so I just drove off with the screen frozen. While driving, my daughter decided to see if pushing the Atari game buttons (white 3 buttons) on the screen would do anything. Guess what, I don’t know which button she pressed but one of them opened the trunk while driving. Luckily I was coming to a stop at a stoplight, so I had my son hopped out through the FWD and manually press the button to close the trunk. Nothing worked on the screen. That was actually pretty embarrassing!!!!

I just got the car a month ago and haven’t driven it much yet. I am on the latest version 2018.42.2.

Haven’t had a chance to figure it out yet?

Attachments

• 9BBF933E-F8E9-488F-84C9-12BFEBF9D1E5.jpeg
    9BBF933E-F8E9-488F-84C9-12BFEBF9D1E5.jpeg
    315.6 KB · Views: 143
So I just got back to the car hoping to reset it and guess what, the screen came back to life. I didn’t have to do anything. Weird!!!
By the way, I didn’t know that you can reboot while driving. Thanks for the tip.