Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk pad?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 LR
Source for sound deadening pad? RPM sells what l want, but they only sell as a front/rear set.
F9B0D01A-04D2-4718-8B03-6AD890002E8E.jpeg

Sadly these do nothing for sound deading.

Also be careful with both the frunk and trunk liners, triple check the photos and part description match your particular build date and region as they come in a few different revisions (older vs newer cars).

The trunk liner can be forced to fit but the frunk holes will not line up of you get the incorrect one.

Sarcasm hey? I get it.

Hee hee! Used to hate these things on my ICE vehicles, they got all dirty/nasty from being exposed to the elements. As this one sits in the frunk (which has a seal), maybe that wouldn’t happen? I don’t really see how it would dampen any noise in the cabin, but would give the underside of the hood a more finished look.

Tim

Reactions: HockeyRooster
I bought one of these felt covers for my trunk but it was not for the noise dampening. I bought it to (1) Cover up the sheet metal lid I had applied butyl sound deadener to and (2) Insulate from the sharp metal leading edge of the parcel shelf when camping inside the car.

I did not buy it for the frunk because I didn't have any reason to

Reactions: TBrownTX
Hee hee! Used to hate these things on my ICE vehicles, they got all dirty/nasty from being exposed to the elements. As this one sits in the frunk (which has a seal), maybe that wouldn’t happen? I don’t really see how it would dampen any noise in the cabin, but would give the underside of the hood a more finished look.

Tim
I don’t expect much sound deadening from the frunk pad but I’m adding that and a liner/mat more for aesthetics. I think it’s ridiculous the car doesn’t look finished from the factory.
I am expecting more from the trunk pad though. Who knows because I certainly won’t be doing any scientific research to check sound before and after. Likely just use the logic that because my wallet is lighter that my car is quieter-haha!

This looks great. Some benefits as I see it.

1) Cuts down on engine noise.
2) Protects the hood finish from heat generated by the engine.
3) In case of an engine fire, clips melt and pad can smother the fire.
4) Adds weight, better traction for your FWD vehicle.

Seriously though, what's the purpose of this?

Tim
More comfort for my Frunk Monkey. :)

I thought I would follow up with a post on the trunk and frunk pad kit I ordered from RPM Tesla - It sucks. Fit is mediocre for both pieces. There is a large gap in the trunk pad which likely allows noise to transmit through. I reviewed my problems with RPM and they’ve advised once i removed the tape backing the products were mine-no returns.
Don’t waste your money on these pieces and beware about ordering from RPM (read the return policy carefully).

• Informative
I thought I would follow up with a post on the trunk and frunk pad kit I ordered from RPM Tesla - It sucks. Fit is mediocre for both pieces. There is a large gap in the trunk pad which likely allows noise to transmit through. I reviewed my problems with RPM and they’ve advised once i removed the tape backing the products were mine-no returns.
Don’t waste your money on these pieces and beware about ordering from RPM (read the return policy carefully).
RPM Tesla in general sucks. In one of the Model Y facebook groups that I participate in, the owner of RPM Tesla was badmouthing a competitor and speaking highly about RPM. Nothing wrong with that, except he was making it seem like he was an unbiased end user as opposed to "hey i'm the owner of RPM, we have good products that you can try". Unfortunately for him, I recognized him and called him out. Total silence after that. That was the last straw for me, between bad customer service experience and the owner using shady practices I'm not going to use RPM ever again.

These are available from a number of vendors on AliExpress. The biggest complaint seems to be they arrive folded (which is to be expected) and the “seam” where the fold(s) was (were) make the installation uneven. If ordering from AliExpress or eBay, I’d expect to have to place them under a large flat weight to “smooth” them out for a few days, up to a week, to flatten the “seam(s)” and make installation more uniform.

An example listing is attached, and yes it refers to “Modle 3”.

Attachments

• 30A29638-3EFD-4CEE-ADF2-B564780D03BB.jpeg
    30A29638-3EFD-4CEE-ADF2-B564780D03BB.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 57