Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk-sized Hard Sided Cooler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use the frunk for my portable Weber Q1200 and the good old white Coleman cooler with wheels goes back into the trunk well where it fits snugly. Also bought a Beach cart for my trips to the OBX so the cooler will sit inside that, but now outside the trunk well. It's too large unless I disassemble the axle...

3A7DBBC3-1586-4CCA-A33F-28B279A792E5.jpeg
Coleman Excursion 16qt fits well

Attachments

• CE357A07-42B1-4CA1-B151-F19EECA8B5A3.jpeg
    CE357A07-42B1-4CA1-B151-F19EECA8B5A3.jpeg
    746 KB · Views: 109
3A50EA0E-CD6D-452F-AA96-629AD84510A0.jpeg
I have discovered the endless joy of camping in my 2018 Model S, especially with the addition of the Dreamcase. After a couple of weekend trips, I've determined that there is one thing I need...

Does anyone know of a hard-sided cooler that is just the right size for the front trunk?! I have looked at the Yeti roadie, and it fit like a glove except the frunk lid won't close... tragic no doubt, but also saved me hundreds of dollars. I am going to try to look at an Otterbox venture... but based on the exterior dimensions it does not look promising.

The idea is to have a cooler in the frunk, which is hard-shell, ideally has a drain, and that I don't need to remove it from the frunk throughout the trip unless I'm draining it.

Any insight? Thanks!

Two part answer. I have a Kooltron plug in cooler. Had least 6 years before MS. We use it as refrigerator for those times our hotel room doesnt have a refrigerator. I keep that in back trunk and routed wiring under rear seat so it’s hidden. It plugs into 12 volt port. We usually put our mixed drinks food in it. Keeps it hot or warm.
But for beach trips, portability reasons I recommend the Yeti Hopper Two 30. Fits like a glove and cool for days.

Reactions: KyleDay
Looks like it gets you the most cooler space out of it, but at a very high price. I am leaning more towards the OlarHike bag since it folds flat when not in use so I can leave it in the car and use it for hot/cold items from the store.

For longer trips, I'll use a hard sided cooler with more insulation or toss in some ice packs. I can't see myself using the S for a tailgate - that's what trucks are for!