Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with a Model X AND YETI coolers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I'm in the market for a YETI cooler for a family trip to spend in the cabin.

We'd need to bring enough food for the stay and since my old cooler went kaput this summer on our last camping, I thought I'd get a YETI that I've heard many many good things about with exception of the price.

Now, we are going to carry some gears (so the open area in the middle raw is not available) and stuff and seat 6. Thus, the question is, does anyone here have a 6/7seater MX and YETI cooler can share what's the biggest YETI size you could go to fit in the trunk?

Our idea was to take out the board in place and maximize the space in the trunk/frunk, however, with the rear seat up, I'm not 100% sure I can fit a Tundra 65/75 in the deep trunk without having the rear seat come in the way. More precisely, I need to make sure whether the YETI cooler can fit into the lower trunk area while clearing the seats once I want to raise them back up (I can put them down in order to put the cooler in, if necessary).

Alternatively, if anyone fit a YETI cooler in the frunk, I'd be interested to know the size as well.

Not looking at a soft cooler because the cooler would also serve our camping gear in the summer, and soft cooler just isn't ideal for outdoor.

TIA for any kind inputs.

Reactions: dmurphy
So, do you by chance have electricity at the cabin?

If so, maybe consider a 12V cooler? We use this one - https://www.costco.com/massimo-cx40-12v-portable-e-kooler.product.100566493.html

And it fits *perfectly* between the two middle-row seats in the X. Absolutely perfect.

We love it for road trips and I use it to schlep food to/from our campsite as well.

Not quite as big as a gigantic ice cooler, but no ice needed either. The X runs it just great.

• Helpful
Reactions: Oveeus
So, do you by chance have electricity at the cabin?

If so, maybe consider a 12V cooler? We use this one - https://www.costco.com/massimo-cx40-12v-portable-e-kooler.product.100566493.html

And it fits *perfectly* between the two middle-row seats in the X. Absolutely perfect.

We love it for road trips and I use it to schlep food to/from our campsite as well.

Not quite as big as a gigantic ice cooler, but no ice needed either. The X runs it just great.
The cabin is fully equipped. That's why I use coolers and with a few icepacks to keep things cold for the 8hr trip.

The main reason of not opting for an active solution is mainly for what we usually use (not always near car when camping) for and the longevity. My previous cooler lasted me a good 10yrs until my son thought he was still the 30lb toddler he once was and sit down with full force that broke the lid and no longer closes properly.

Basically, I just need to know what YETI size I could fit into X trunk/frunk assuming all seats are where they are before ordering them online (local retailers for YETI don't seem to have stock to try them out)

Reactions: dmurphy
My camping set up: Rockpals 12 Volt Refrigerator 50 Quart (47L) Portable Freezer and AFTIME Portable Power Station 300W/296Wh.
The portable battery supports pass-through charging so it's plugged into the cigarette lighter in the rear. The Rockpals is plugged into the cigarette lighter of the battery. It's acting as an always on power source for the cooler.