Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frustrating AC Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TTilly0814

Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2022
New Orleans
So here goes,

I have a 2020 Model Y Performance, Love The Car!!

Just 1 super super frustrating issue.

While the car is off, (Pet Mode, Cabin Overheat and Everything I can think of) the Car fan blows unconditioned air throughout the car. While this might not seem like a big deal, I live in the deep south and this turns my Model Y into a bowl of soup. The windshield will have condensation dripping off the inside. the leather is tacky and sometimes wet enough to wipe down. Other friends and owners I know down here do not experience this issue. I have taken the car to Tesla service multiple times, only to be told this is normal. I get the fan needs to run for the battery or some other mechanical function. What I don't understand is why it has to dump unconditioned air in the car, making it dank and funky. Has anyone experience this issue? If so, did you find a resolution? I would really appreciate some insight and help as Tesla has done a TERRIBLE job addressing and even communicating with me on the topic.

Side note, I've had to have the AC Cleaned Twice since I bought the car in December of 2021.

Thanks,
JR