Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 10.3 - Just out of Curiosity...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was only able to go for 1 drive with 10.3. It was 25 minutes through my town and was amazing. I only had a single issue, FSD attempted to stop at a non-existent traffic control on one of our "expressways". The same spot has the problem with NoAP as well as FSD 10.2. Other than that problem, FSD 10.3 workd perfectly for me. The first thing I noticed was how much more steady the steering wheel was. It felt "solid", whereas with 10.2 it had a lot of "jitters". It was very noticeable and felt similar to the steadiness that I get with Autopilot on the freeway; I was very impressed with the changes in drive style in my area and was surprised when I saw it needed to be pulled back.

Yes, I observed two issues with lane changes:
1) With two lanes each side of the street which is well marked, FSD says it needs to change lanes to follow route and my next turn is right. It decided to change into the left lane about .5 miles from the next turn. I intervened and stayed in the same lane and re-enabled FSD. It stayed in the right lane and did make the right turn. But as everyone else has posted, it is jerky at times as if unsure of where the lane is.
2) On a second trip on that same route, it did change into the left lane about 1.5 miles from the right turn. I guess it is not really a problem. BUT it changed into that lane leaving only a single car length to the car ahead of me in that lane going at 45 mph. Was not too happy with that. Did not even bother to slow down a little like I have seen it do in other cases - even when not necessary as others have reported.