Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full Self Driving trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there are other threads covering FSD. I did download the update yesterday that allowed me to start using FSD for a month for free.

I tried it coming to work and one issue was that on the high way in the right lane, as I approached a semi going slower, it didn't shift lanes to pass the truck. The left lane was clear for miles behind me.
Also FSD had me slow down too much (50 mph in a 75 mph zone) as it approached the off ramp. I thought this could be dangerous. I normally approach a long off ramp close to high way speed and then slow down.
I guess I can override FSD by engaging the accelerator?
It's just my first time so hopefully it's a learning process by both myself and the FSD software.

I have a 2021 Model y, As of yesterday i had not received the 30 day trial. i already have enhanced autopilot so i opted to subscribe to FSD for a month.
This morning I went for a test drive. is seemed a bit " jumpy ". after checking the build, i fount it was 11.1(2024.8.7788c.....).
My question is, will i receive an update to v 12 now that i have subscribed to v11?

I used the FSD once last Saturday and I was not impressed. Its too slow on turns with a stop sign. It stops completely twice and takes several seconds to double check before turning. It does heavy acceleration and braking on highways. While taking an exit it took a hard right and drove over rumble strips before correcting. There are several other flaws that you can check on various threads. I have not used FSD since. I can't imagine paying 12K for something that I don't even want for free.

P.S. I also tried their parking feature while backing up for SC. It was very slow and took 3 to 4 attempts to back up to the spot. I was embarrassed to be honest.

Forgot to add that I do have FSD Beta v12.3.2.1. I'm looking forward to testing the FSD when we head to Dallas ( 3 hr drive) next week.
You get any solar eclipse action today?

I'm bummed I missed it despite saying in 2017 I'm going to see the next one. Funny how quickly 7 years goes by.

Next one is 2033 if you're willing to travel to Alaska in March.

You get any solar eclipse action today?
I'm bummed I missed it despite saying in 2017 I'm going to see the next one. Funny how quickly 7 years goes by.
Next one is 2033 if you're willing to travel to Alaska in March.

I saw the full eclipse here. Doubt I'll ever get to Alaska. Was there last year visiting my son who is stationed near Anchorage (until August 2024).

Reactions: redpoint5
I'm really liking the FSD the more I use it. A few hiccups here and there but I'm always prepared to take over.
For some reason FSD doesn't see the big stop sign on a Farm to Market rd to my house. It will start braking a few hundred feet from the stop sign going from 65 mph to 0 mph.