Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD and New Users: When?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I added in FSD two months ago to my 2022 Model S Plaid, just after Tesla stopped rolling out FSD Beta to new users due to the NHTSA safety concerns. I should have waited, as I’m still on v11.6.1.

Has there been any updates on when it may go out to new users? I googled a bit and didn’t see anything.

Someone posted at 10am PDT today on the wiki thread that the request beta button was not active after they subscribed to fsd.

@cgell did you recently subscribe to fsd then get 11.4.1?
The toggle button won't work if you aren't on the correct software. I didn't get it yet, but others have, including new owners. I previously had the beta, but unsubscribed right before the NHTSA issue. Resubscribed and waiting on the update.

Help! New Tesla owner here. I just bought a Model Y a week ago and signed up for FSD on a monthly basis to try it out and see which package I want to purchase but FSD Beta is grayed out. I don’t have an option to request it nor can I turn it on. Also I don’t have the auto summon option anywhere either. Anyone know what’s going on? Is there something I have to do or complete on my end? Someone mentioned my safety score but I can’t find anything in the app that shows my safety score and from researching it, it looks like you can only see your safety score after having FSD Beta. Is that correct? Any help or advice appreciated! Thank you!

SO much misinformation and confusion! There are currently TWO versions of FSDb in the wild right now - 11.4.2 or 3, which is only available to people who were already on FSDb, and actually have a slightly older core Tesla software, like 2023.7.10 or 15. The other, 11.3.6, is an OLDER FSDb, but is tied to a newer Tesla software - 2023.12.10 or 11, and was only recently made available - like 3 weeks ago. Assuming that you have bought or subscribed for FSD, you need to TURN OFF automatic updates In your Tesla, and be patient. At some point one of the two versions of FSDb will be made available for a version of Tesla software for which you are eligible. The hope is that Tesla will ultimately merge the two paths. I have an April 2023 MY LR, and am on the 2023.12.11 / 11.3.6 combo. Tom

Reactions: clydeiii
Help! New Tesla owner here. I just bought a Model Y a week ago and signed up for FSD on a monthly basis to try it out and see which package I want to purchase but FSD Beta is grayed out. I don’t have an option to request it nor can I turn it on. Also I don’t have the auto summon option anywhere either. Anyone know what’s going on? Is there something I have to do or complete on my end? Someone mentioned my safety score but I can’t find anything in the app that shows my safety score and from researching it, it looks like you can only see your safety score after having FSD Beta. Is that correct? Any help or advice appreciated! Thank you!
You probably have a version of the car software that doesn't include FSDb. You'll have to wait and see if Tesla offers you a download of a version that does. You can keep an eye on TeslaFi and/or NotATeslaApp to see what's happening with the various versions of the car software. None of it will tell you if your car is going to receive any given update, but you can see where a version is at least going out to many owners.

The same is probably true of Smart Summon; the feature just isn't part of the software that your car has installed right now.

You can ignore the safety score stuff. It's no longer used by Tesla to determine if owners qualify for FSDb. It is maintained only in certain states where Tesla Insurance determines insurance rates from that score.