Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD/AP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019 M3LR. Had a 99 Safety Score and was one of the first for wide rollout, including the first disastrous release that had to be recalled. Currently on 36.8.8. FSD was so bad, I finally turned it off last week & went back to original AP. Even AP is now considerably worse. FSD was wildly unsafe and overall unusable. From slamming on the brakes on a highway overpass, to trying multiple times to unnecessarily change lanes or even once trying to dart into the right lane to apparently avoid something that wasn’t there- while there was a car in that lane! I’d grade it a D+. Original AP I’d now grade a C. I live in a fairly quiet, rural area of New York and I can’t make a simple drive w/out endless problems & inputs. Phantom braking, like light brake checks that drop the speed a couple mph happen constantly. Not an exaggeration, I just took a 10-mile drive to my sister’s house & this happened at least a dozen times, including a collision warning and once when it slowed 10 mph. I was the only car on the road the entire time. And the way you’re now forced to use auto highbeams with FSD is a nightmare. they are constantly flipping on and off, I’ve lost count of how many people I’ve flashed. I wish I could go back 5 or 6 versions & just live w/ whatever probs came w/ them. Side note, Hulu hasn’t worked in 6 months. Save the advice, I’ve done all the troubleshooting and possible fixes. It just doesn’t work.

The Vision only experience is what's really impacting your experience.

The only thing you can do is send an email to FSD Beta to have them remove the beta from your car, and go back to the Vision+Radar mainline release.

I have the same experiences you've had, but I'm sticking it out. My grade for the entire thing would be an F. I basically consider it an insult.

I've gotten used to using the left stalk to turn off the autobrights every time I engage AP.

The Vision only experience is what's really impacting your experience.

The only thing you can do is send an email to FSD Beta to have them remove the beta from your car, and go back to the Vision+Radar mainline release.

I have the same experiences you've had, but I'm sticking it out. My grade for the entire thing would be an F. I basically consider it an insult.

I've gotten used to using the left stalk to turn off the autobrights every time I engage AP.
I turned off the FSD, may have to look into going back to radar as well. The only reason I didn’t give it an F is that the auto stopping has worked exceptionally well for signs and lights. Everything else is trash.

I turned off the FSD, may have to look into going back to radar as well. The only reason I didn’t give it an F is that the auto stopping has worked exceptionally well for signs and lights. Everything else is trash.
The only way to get back to radar is to remove the FSD Beta firmware.

The fact that the general release for vehicles with Radar isn't vision only tells me Tesla is well aware of the problems with Pure Vision.

I doubt any Engineer at Tesla gave the go-ahead for Pure Vision, and instead it was some nuttiness that Elon pushed.

Reactions: JCBJR1
I doubt any Engineer at Tesla gave the go-ahead for Pure Vision, and instead it was some nuttiness that Elon pushed.

Speculating: Maybe this was a way to navigate around component shortage? If the alternatives were to a) cut car delivery numbers down significantly (capped by radar components) or b) move to the lousy vision-only, then (b) would be an obvious choice.

Speculating: Maybe this was a way to navigate around component shortage? If the alternatives were to a) cut car delivery numbers down significantly (capped by radar components) or b) move to the lousy vision-only, then (b) would be an obvious choice.
That's a perfect example of when an Engineer gets overruled.

maybe I'm just bitter because I'm an engineer? :)