Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD early adopters - anyone else feel like they lost the bet? [Update - Early Access for FSD Buyers]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I’m glad I get to see such a stupid comment to start the day.

A company that consistently gets the basic things wrong is unlikely to do the incredibly big and complex things right. It's not a hard concept.

See also how Tesla was "surprised" they were having trouble transporting cars in volume after they didn't bother setting up transport capacity or logistics in advance, despite knowing years in advance they'd need it for Model 3.

or how Tesla was "surprised" they were having trouble delivering cars in volume after they didn't bother staffing up enough to do prep and deliver them, despite knowing years in advance they'd need it for Model 3.

or how Tesla was "surprised" to realize they're offering horrible vehicle service because they don't have enough service centers or enough staff in them, despite knowing years in advance they'd need it for Model 3.

or how Tesla was saying as recently as last month their retail locations were a huge benefit and they planned to expand them- and now surprised everyone (including the people they have working there) by reversing course and announcing they'd be closing most of them down.

I love my car- but the company is run very very very poorly. It's only how fantastic the actual vehicle is that causes folks to put up with this crap time and again.

W
Notwithstanding that those are different teams and level 5 not happening from any company for a very very very long time.

Weird- they originally said they'd be doing full self driving cross country by end of 2017... then end of 2018... now it'll be "feature complete" end of 2019...but definitely by 2020!

A company that consistently gets the basic things wrong is unlikely to do the incredibly big and complex things right. It's not a hard concept.

See also how Tesla was "surprised" they were having trouble transporting cars in volume after they didn't bother setting up transport capacity or logistics in advance, despite knowing years in advance they'd need it for Model 3.

or how Tesla was "surprised" they were having trouble delivering cars in volume after they didn't bother staffing up enough to do prep and deliver them, despite knowing years in advance they'd need it for Model 3.

or how Tesla was "surprised" to realize they're offering horrible vehicle service because they don't have enough service centers or enough staff in them, despite knowing years in advance they'd need it for Model 3.

or how Tesla was saying as recently as last month their retail locations were a huge benefit and they planned to expand them- and now surprised everyone (including the people they have working there) by reversing course and announcing they'd be closing most of them down.

I love my car- but the company is run very very very poorly. It's only how fantastic the actual vehicle is that causes folks to put up with this crap time and again.

Weird- they originally said they'd be doing full self driving cross country by end of 2017... then end of 2018... now it'll be "feature complete" end of 2019...but definitely by 2020!

Yes, Tesla is disorganized. This is one of the reasons people shouldn't be expecting the site to be updated yet.

Mark my words: NOBODY is shipping real, honest to xenu SAE level 5 autonomy before 2030 unless it's with geofencing and only under certain conditions (which defeats the purpose and is just another variant on level4 as far as I'm concerned). That requires the car to be able to handle *every situation* that a human can.

Reactions: MattUNI