Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD free trial is over

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My trial ends tomorrow.

There’s an expression: “The amazing thing about a singing dog is not that it sings well, it’s that it can sing at all!”

FSD is a singing dog. It’s amazing in what it can do. But I found it tiring to be constantly “supervising” it. It accelerates and brakes harder than I do in routine driving. Had trouble knowing when to yield to merging traffic on the Interstate.

But all that said, I liked it better than I thought I would. I can more easily envision what the future holds. I won’t be subscribing, but would consider a month here and there for road trips. I think my sweet spot might be $29.99/month, or maybe some package deal with Premium Connectivity.

I'm on the day after the claimed "end date" so I guess my FSD can end any time today. Does anyone know what will happen when the car is doing FSD and it decides to end it while driving?
I observed how it ended - in the middle of driving, the car just popped a transient green message saying along the line of "configuration change is pending, will apply when touchscreen is off next time". And after that, when I shifted the car to P and stepped out for a few minutes and back, the visualization reverted to the regular one and the free trial officially ended.

• Informative
Reactions: E90alex