Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD increasing by $1K 11/1/19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i won't...but don't lecture me on the "business model" of spending thousands of dollars on literally absolutely nothing.

i know you're not the one who initially said that, but you decided to jump into this conversation by quoting my response to him, so apparently it applies to you too.
Lol. Ok I won’t lecture you, I’ll just listen to your lecturing.

• Funny
Reactions: ForeverEv
It’s not worth it to you. It is worth it to many others.
Either way, FSD once it reaches that level, is definitely worth it. If you’re not willing to pay for it at the price it sits at now, that’s fine, but it will be much more once it’s done...
I don’t think it’s worth it until the car can actually drive around without a driver, but then it will be worth much more. How soon do you think Teslas will be capable of driving around autonomously?

Elon has in the past used pending price increases to motivate people to buy cars. Whether the price of FSD increases or the price of the car itself increases there will be some people who rush to buy before the price increase. But the real rush will be coming in another couple of months as the final phase of the Federal tax credit winds down and everyone makes a last minute push to get their car before the end of the year.

In the other hand, buying an unfinished, vaguely descript product, with an undetermined delivery date is a great recipe to generate unrealistic expectations, which damages the company image, which in turn slows down technology advancement.

Absolutely! Trust and confidence are everything and you stand to lose both very quickly with massive under-delivery on promises and poor support for underlying issues with 2-3 year old cars. You can only keep shifting existing delivery promises to next-gen products for so long before the market turns against you. Throw in mass un-addressed MCU / memory failures esp for cars out of wty and the pack of cards could fall any moment.

The objectives of Tesla are pretty excellent, but there are just too many flaws in the delivery at the moment.

If owners don’t pay they will drop the price. Those that do pay are playing into Tesla’s game.

Sadly owners will pay. There are way too many who blindly believe in Elon, no matter how far fetched his plans are. I mean look at how this summon thing works and they're still talking about robotaxis? Sure, they will come, and FSD will be valuable, just no way this will happen in the current generation cars/hardware.

Whoever is paying for FSD, most of that amount is purely to "support" Tesla. The value received at this point is less than marginal.

Reactions: MattUNI
Most of you who are saying FSD isn't worth anything is forgetting the upgrade to the FSD computer from the AP2.5 computer. There is value in that, as well as getting software updates earlier and supporting a great American company that is innovating like no other company.

I'm so sick of Tesla haters, I didn't think there would be as many on a Tesla forum. A long time ago people would be proud of an American company, creating US jobs, making an amazing product that is literally changing the world. Now we just bitch about whatever we can. End rant.

I have no illusions that FSD is anywhere near where FSD should be. But it's darn fun for me to watch this technology unfold in my own car. I know its limitations and will use proper caution when playing with the "FSD" features. I guess I paid for the ability to receive FSD OTA updates and to be part of the ride. Some people won't fork over the cash until the features are ready. That is super sensible as well.

It’s not worth it to you. It is worth it to many others.
Either way, FSD once it reaches that level, is definitely worth it. If you’re not willing to pay for it at the price it sits at now, that’s fine, but it will be much more once it’s done...

I'll come back in here when the price drops, trust me no one in here is trying to make you feel guilty for being an early adopter, however at this moment FSD is really not worth the price, and after advancement it still won't, no piece of software should cost that much, it be more plausible if it was a hardware upgrade. A feature that stops at lights and stops at stop signs, or pulls your car out is just not worth it.

I'm so sick of Tesla haters, I didn't think there would be as many on a Tesla forum. A long time ago people would be proud of an American company, creating US jobs, making an amazing product that is literally changing the world. Now we just bitch about whatever we can. End rant.
My take from reading copious posts on this forum is that there are many who are quite proud of Tesla as an innovative American car company.

Buyers aren’t sufficiently warned prior to purchase that some features unique to Tesla cars are in beta. As a result, expectations aren’t met by actual function on the road. I believe this is a significant source of angst.

Poor customer service after the sale contributes as well.

Most of you who are saying FSD isn't worth anything is forgetting the upgrade to the FSD computer from the AP2.5 computer. There is value in that, .....

Actually, there is not. The car works wonderfully with 2.5; HW3+ is only useful for those that purchase FSD.

But I definitely do appreciate the American company so much that I purchased two model 3's, but not with FSD.

I'll come back in here when the price drops, trust me no one in here is trying to make you feel guilty for being an early adopter, however at this moment FSD is really not worth the price, and after advancement it still won't, no piece of software should cost that much, it be more plausible if it was a hardware upgrade. A feature that stops at lights and stops at stop signs, or pulls your car out is just not worth it.

First. No one makes me feel guilty for buying the car or FSD. I’m glad I bought it, and can afford it.
I totally disagree with you though. Software is no different from hardware. Hundreds of labour hours put into software, or hundreds of dollars in material costs are no different.
Just because you don’t get a physical object for your money, doesn’t mean the value isn’t there. Just the opposite.
It’s taken them years to get where it is now. Far ahead of anyone else. It will likely take many hundreds of hours more. So why would you think the software is not worth that much after years of labour????
Oracle sells database software for for tens of thousands sometimes millions of dollars per sale.
I think anyone who isn’t familiar with the value software doesn’t have a good perspective on the value of the FSD efforts and progress either.