Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD monthly.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is hilarious coming from someone who thinks an extra $5k over 20 YEARS is a better return, lol.

Then you highlight MAYBE more and throw out Tesla getting $24,000 in one car? Using your own scenario that car would have to be on the road for 40 YEARS! Hahaha.

Please put yourself on timeout from this forum. That response is ridiculous.
I'm sorry you are unable to do math. Try harder next time.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
@Stickboy46 So you can't provide an example of software costing ~$8k, with included lifetime updates, that is also available on a month-by-month subscription for ~$100? :eek: Imagine that. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised that the CEOs of Amazon and Microsoft never reached out to you before they make the horrible decisions to switch to a subscription model for most of their services. Those trillion dollar companies sure have no idea what they are doing. Imagine that!

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
I'm surprised that the CEOs of Amazon and Microsoft never reached out to you before they make the horrible decisions to switch to a subscription model for most of their services. Those trillion dollar companies sure have no idea what they are doing. Imagine that!

But that isn't comparing apples to apples. Their software doesn't require the purchase of expensive hardware from them. And I also think their pricing doesn't match what you think it does.

Let's take one example, Photoshop:

Old method:
Buy Photoshop outright: $700 (Best price I can find for what Photoshop used to cost.)

Month-by-month subscription:
$31.49/month

That makes the subscription ~4.5% of the original software price. So using that example FSD costs $7,000 * 4.5% = $315/month. ($360/month after the next FSD price bump.)

Wow, very close to what I predicted the month-by-month cost would be for FSD.

Annual subscription paid monthly:
$20.99/month

That makes the subscription ~2.9% of the original software price. So using that example FSD costs $7,000 * 2.9% = $203/month.($232/month after the next FSD price bump.)

Wow, again that price comes very close to matching what people have been predicting. :eek:

So I guess you were right all along, the software companies do know what they are doing. You just never bothered to do the math.

Reactions: DrtyJrze
Be interesting to see how they handle that. The "elephant in the room sized" loophole of subscribing only long enough to get the HW3 upgrade for free, then canceling, should be apparent to anyone, including those at tesla. It would not make sense for subscribers to get HW3 for free, so either they make it a requirement to already have HW3 to do the subscription, or dont offer all features available on FSD to those who DO subscribe and have HW version lower than 3.

Thats the only thing that makes sense, but there will be many who post here who will "discuss / assume / complain" about either one of those paths. If tesla says "must have HW3.0 to subscribe" there will be a whole bunch of people here who complain about that and say stuff like "I have EAP, why cant I do this, tesla PROMISED ME blah blah blah. Tesla should give me the HW3.0 for free / drastically reduced price to try this out!!!!111!!!"

If tesla says "you can subscribe, but with HW2.5 you wont get features much past EAP" those same people complain that its not a fair test, not a fair subscription, why are they being left behind, blah blah".
I don't understand why someone would bother getting HW3 if they didn't have FSD? Just for the possible increase in residual value of the car when they sell it?

I don't understand why someone would bother getting HW3 if they didn't have FSD? Just for the possible increase in residual value of the car when they sell it?

If allowed, people would absolutely subscribe to the service for a month just to get the HW3 upgrade, and then cancel.. yes because they "want the latest", even if they did not plan on using FSD.

Its human nature, and unless expressly prohibited, pretty much everyone with HW2.5 would do this, and say (after upgrade) "oh I changed my mind", "Oh I dont like it" or make up some other reason. Yes, just to get the HW3, for whatever reason they think they would need it for, even though it currently doesnt do anything additional if you dont have FSD.

Its human nature, and it would happen, in large numbers too (again, unless tesla expressly prohibited it).

I’m trying REALLY hard to think about a way to make a cheap FSD work for y’all, lol.

What if they had a subscription with a mileage cap?

So the $99 subscription some people are fixated on would get them 100 miles a month.

That’s basically useless for anyone who actually drives, but at least they can say they didn’t pay $8k when they want to just show FSD off as a party trick or if needed for limited use (injury or something).

Don’t try to add miles to the $99 plan. The point is to give you a taste of FSD. You’re not getting enough miles to actually complete a road trip, cause that would go back to defeating the purpose of purchasing FSD upfront.

I’m trying REALLY hard to think about a way to make a cheap FSD work for y’all, lol.

What if they had a subscription with a mileage cap?

So the $99 subscription some people are fixated on would get them 100 miles a month.

That’s basically useless for anyone who actually drives, but at least they can say they didn’t pay $8k when they want to just show FSD off as a party trick or if needed for limited use (injury or something).

Don’t try to add miles to the $99 plan. The point is to give you a taste of FSD. You’re not getting enough miles to actually complete a road trip, cause that would go back to defeating the purpose of purchasing FSD upfront.

Thats it! Milage top up for FSD. Buy 200 miles to cover the trip you want. Per mile basis. Like 25p on the pound per robo taxi mile.

The most profitable companies in the world disagree with you and Tesla. Sorry...

Really?

I ask because that includes the Saudi Aramco oil company, the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, and China Construction bank as 3 of the top 5.

AFAIK none offer subscription services like you suggest.

The other two are Apple and Samsung (and while they'll both offer certain things on subscription, they likewise still sell plenty of hard product... and to my knowledge don't offer subscriptions on ANYTHING that costs $8000 or anywhere close.... do they?)

4 of the next 5 most profitable are banks (the one left is google)....

T
Since you are the only one that ever mentioned 20 a month

It was mentioned in the other threads on this linked earlier (I think using adobe as a reference)

2 things then I'm done..

I'm out on this conversation.

You've been saying you're done for 2 pages now, but keep posting.

Are you waiting for your paid subscription to run out first? :)

• Funny
Reactions: flyingowl