Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD price change to 5k post-purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per Teslarati, Tesla’s pricing for Full Self-Driving remains the same at $3000 though FSD will cost $5,000 when added after delivery. So, I’m rethinking if wise to defer. This month Elon said With V9, we will begin to enable full self-driving features. Does this mean as soon as this year there will be features that EAP users won’t get unless they already purchased FSD? What are those realistically expected to be?

I could be wrong but the impression I got was at least these initial full self driving features will be a part of EAP. I have been searching for clarification on your questions and only found speculation thus far

I could be wrong but the impression I got was at least these initial full self driving features will be a part of EAP. I have been searching for clarification on your questions and only found speculation thus far

Musk tweeted a couple weeks ago the first FSD features _not_ part of EAP would be coming in August as part of the v9 software update

Musk tweeted a couple weeks ago the first FSD features _not_ part of EAP would be coming in August as part of the v9 software update

That's now how I took it...

The tweet, "That issue is better in latest Autopilot software rolling out now & fully fixed in August update as part of our long-awaited Tesla Version 9. To date, Autopilot resources have rightly focused entirely on safety. With V9, we will begin to enable full self-driving features."

With version 9 of enhanced autopilot they being to enable full self driving features. With autopilot? Its hard to read between lines here, he likes to have semi-ambigious tweets to create curiosity/interest as demonstrated by this thread. Lane keeping could be considered a full self driving feature. Summoning car, exit on/off ramp are all to be current or future known autopilot features. Where they draw the line in the sand is not clarified. Stopping at a stop sign/light? Turning at intersections? Partial sell driving features is by defination everything up until the car is FULL self driving. Some of these partial features already exists in enhanced auto-pilot and it would be nice to know where the line in the sand is before the info-merical trick of "but if you order in the next 20 minutes, we'll take 2K off the price"

Kind of ****ed up honestly. I got the EAP and not the FSD because the 4K price was reasonable if the software actually demonstrated some functionality...I hope this price is for everyone who ordered after me...
yes, I hope that the 4K price that was quoted in our original orders and recent orders prior to this change will persist for at least the next year while one decides whether or not there is enough feature set to warrant a true upgrade.

That's now how I took it...

The tweet, "That issue is better in latest Autopilot software rolling out now & fully fixed in August update as part of our long-awaited Tesla Version 9. To date, Autopilot resources have rightly focused entirely on safety. With V9, we will begin to enable full self-driving features."

With version 9 of enhanced autopilot they being to enable full self driving features.

But this isn't version 9 of "enhanced autopilot"

This is version 9 of the software/firmware for the car. The whole software. Not specifically AP. They were already on like version 6 I think before AP was even offered.

When the firmware is updated it sometimes adds some functionality to AP, sometimes it adds other things, sometimes both.

So if the features were simply additions to AP he'd have no need to mention FSD features at all.

Therefore the only way to read that tweet that makes any sense is they're adding features in V9 that are specific to FSD.

But this isn't version 9 of "enhanced autopilot"

This is version 9 of the software/firmware for the car. The whole software. Not specifically AP. They were already on like version 6 I think before AP was even offered.

When the firmware is updated it sometimes adds some functionality to AP, sometimes it adds other things, sometimes both.

So if the features were simply additions to AP he'd have no need to mention FSD features at all.

Therefore the only way to read that tweet that makes any sense is they're adding features in V9 that are specific to FSD.
I agree and bought FSD now for that reason. Smart post syntax for Elon. He got my 3k now. We’ll see...